The other side of the coin

Old 12-17-2007, 06:57 PM   #1
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
The other side of the coin

Here are a list of issues:

TSB on Transmission for shifting issues. Fixed

TSB for steering wheel squeek (Returned after three months and fixed for second time). Fixed

Visor clips replaced (I think this is a TSB now). Fixed

ALL window regulators. Fixed

Rear sliding window motor (Entire assembly replaced). Fixed

Had to have the metal strips on the roof replaced as the ones that were cut for the roof rack install were put back in without the clips needed to hold them in. Fixed

Several alignments that never fixed the drift to the right. Ended up going to a VW dealer and paid $79 to have the alignment done correctly. It was and the truck drives straight as an arrow now. Fixed by VW dealer

TSB on valve stems. Fixed

After three days of ownership that the tires were at 45psi, not at 32psi (Even though the dealers delivery check out sheet showed that the pressure was at 32psi when delivered). Fixed

Had to go back to dealership and get my rear seat undertray since it was missing after the first service visit. Fixed

AM reception issues that resulted in a wiring harness being replaced. Fixed

Had all four valves within the valve stems replaced as they were sticking when topping off with air (Problem hasn't returned even after switching to nitrogen). Fixed

Had the sensor that turns on the bedlights when the tailgate is opened replaced because it failed. Fixed

Going into shop this coming Monday to have the windsheild looked at because when wipers wipe the rain off, there is too much glare left to see clearly. Turned out to be bad wipers and dirty windshield. Fixed

Torque converter seal replaced due to transmission being overfilled at the factory (Four [Now five] visits needed to diagnose / replace parts, still appears to be leaking). Fixed

Driver's seat leather replaced due to cracking on lower left of seat back. Fixed

Driver's seat rocking under breaking fixed by replacing seat rails. Fixed

Upper strut bearings, mounts for rack and pinion steering unit, and rack and pinion steering unit replaced per TSP. Fixed

Sun Visor clips replaced again. Fixed
-----------------------------------------

The above was taken from a Honda Ridgeline forum and so was this:

I admit I love my truck and wouldn't trade it in at this point. With that said, here are all of the repairs I have done so far (Very dissappointed in what has happened so far and American Honda doesn't seem to want to stand behind this vehicle as others in the past):

------------------------------------

If you ever doubt your Tacoma and you wonder if you should have bought something else. Remember, ALL vehicles have issues...and even more than us.

but that's some damned list huh?!!
Old 12-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
I was like damn your taco is a lemon bro. then i read the ridgeline part. lol

nice post!
Old 12-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
before i got to the first hashed line, i was like...."WTF, i didnt think there were any taco options of power rear windows or bedlights...lol
Old 12-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
Secret Agent
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Ohhh wait, there's more! So much for owning a truck...Imposters.

This is a list of what they want on their trucks:

------------

These options either included or as a package

Speed Volume Control
Mute/ATT Command
Mute/ATT via Double Tap on Volume Down on steering wheel
Bluetooth Capability
Homelink working only with "key on"
Xenon Headlight Package
Tailgate Lock
Reminding me if the Moonroof is not in a closed position
All Windows Down function
1-Touch Windows Down Function
Windows and Moonroof Close function from keyfob via holding Lock
Left and Right Rear headrests hidden like center
"Display Off" voice command from main screen instead of setup screen
Cylinder Management

More information in the trip display:
In addition to: Trip A, Trip B, Odometer and Estimated Oil Life
Average Speed, Average MPG, Miles to Empty

Hope thats not asking for too much. Perhaps you can find a way that the ECU can be flashed or entries modified so these items can be implemented.

Thanks!

-----------------------------

How about a eyeliner/lipstick dispenser too! Hahaha...
Old 12-17-2007, 07:06 PM   #5
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
That is some damn list. At first I was confused, left wondering why I hadn't heard of all these TSB's and why your Tacoma had all kinds of equipment that nobody else had, and why your truck was such a POS. Then I got to the bottom.......oh, a Honda El Camino.......whew....scared me for a minute.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
That is some damn list. At first I was confused, left wondering why I hadn't heard of all these TSB's and why your Tacoma had all kinds of equipment that nobody else had, and why your truck was such a POS. Then I got to the bottom.......oh, a Honda El Camino.......whew....scared me for a minute.
i would go as far as to say an el camino....but definately a reworked avalanche for sure...lol...still a crappy vehicle either way
Old 12-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #7
Secret Agent
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone on the Tacoma world forums knows how much I love Ridgelines , so I got to trolling over there just for yucks.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #8
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
Ohhh wait, there's more! So much for owning a truck...Imposter!

------------

Speed Volume Control
Mute/ATT Command
Bluetooth Capability
Xenon Headlight Package
Tailgate Lock
Cylinder Management

Hope thats not asking for too much. Perhaps you can find a way that the ECU can be flashed or entries modified so these items can be implemented.

Thanks!

Holy *^&%#........bunch of pansies
Old 12-17-2007, 07:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i would go as far as to say an el camino....but definately a reworked avalanche for sure...lol...still a crappy vehicle either way
I must say I have hated the avalanche for quite some time and an el camino could be made bad ass, I can't say the same for ridgeline.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:13 PM   #10
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
WOW Viper! ! I was like the rest of the guys and thought you were talking about your Taco! !!! Boy am I glad you weren't

Don G
Old 12-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #11
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Holy *^&%#........bunch of pansies
I said it before and I'll say it again: The Ridgeline is a chickmobile.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #12
Secret Agent
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
I was like damn your taco is a lemon bro. then i read the ridgeline part. lol

nice post!
Yeah, my favorite line is: "I admit I love my truck and wouldn't trade it in at this point."

Hahaha! I wouldn't either...he already had a whole new truck built practically.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #13
beondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of light

beondwacko's Tacoma Gallery
That guy would have been better off buying a Chevy!!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 07:37 PM   #15
Secret Agent
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Actually, he'd be better off buying one of these:

Hahahaha! Classic! Ever see that Southpark with Cartman and Kyle riding these to LA?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:34 PM   #16
vivafire is on a distinguished road

vivafire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahahaha! Classic! Ever see that Southpark with Cartman and Kyle riding these to LA?
Yeh that is one of my top ten for Southpark. Warcraft being #1!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #17
dsds is on a distinguished road
dsds's Tacoma Gallery
This was one cool ride:

Apparently the new one is a real babe attracter:

Wouldn't this be a great color for a Tacoma Green Machine truck!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:07 PM   #18
BlueTaco is on a distinguished road
Army: Military Police - Dog handler
BlueTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ohhh wait, there's more! So much for owning a truck...Imposter!

------------

Speed Volume Control
Mute/ATT Command
Bluetooth Capability
Xenon Headlight Package
Tailgate Lock
Cylinder Management

Thanks!

"Reminding me if moonroof is not in closed position" -- you've got to be kidding me. Go drive a car. 1
Old 12-18-2007, 05:50 AM   #19
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have to admit that, in a time of weakness, I contemplated the Ridgeline, simply because it is a Honda and I wanted to help promote their entry into the truck market. That was before my fiance (now wife) and I went to look at one. Somehow she still married me after that.
Not only were we less than impressed with the interior (although leather would be nice), the specs weren't near what we wanted and the closer you get to them, the uglier they become.

I started doing more research and it took about 5 minutes to find enough bad feedback to deter me. Of course, we always had the Taco in mind but that few days of doubt almost relagated me to the land of metrosexualmobile driving dudes with a permanent frown on their face from realizing their mistake.

Good post Viper.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:33 AM   #20
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
All I can say is....ROFLMAO!

Oh and...

Quote:
Wouldn't this be a great color for a Tacoma Green Machine truck!
My neighbor actually painted his big ass Dodge (an older one, not the newer body) this color, and it actually looks pretty cool. I know he can find it in a parking lot...