1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ABS/Brake light on

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kbp68, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Jul 27, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    kbp68

kbp68 [OP] hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
    The ABS & brake dash lights came on on my 06 DC/OR V6 the other day for no apparant reason. Fluid is up, everything works, light went out after turning off ignition and restarting but came back on again after a few minutes. Don't know if it is relevant but I put a lift on my truck recently (3 months ago?) but the light never came on until now. Could this be just a faulty sensor? Where is it located?

2. Jul 27, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    kbp68

kbp68 [OP] hey...I can change this!

Member:
    B.C.
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DC/SB
    3" Pro Comp Lift/Level, ARB Winch Bumper, Superwinch UT3000,White Sport Grille, Bedliner'd rocker panels, Draw-Tite brake controller
    I just noticed that the light go on and off intermittently. Where exactly do I look for the sensors?

3. Mar 30, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    Drabbit17

Drabbit17 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Costa rica
    Vehicle:
    05 sr5 access cab
    hello.. did you figure out the way to fix this.

Im having the same problem with my tacoma.

thanks

4. Sep 23, 2011 at 7:14 AM
    zacheross

zacheross Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    What was the outcome with the ABS problems above? I have been advised I have to replace my ABS acutator motor assembly after my ABS light and buzzer came on...

5. Sep 24, 2011 at 3:48 AM
    Drabbit17

Drabbit17 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Costa rica
    Vehicle:
    05 sr5 access cab
    in my case was that in one of the wheels the sensor got disconected..

6. Sep 24, 2011 at 3:57 AM
    PAlittlematty

PAlittlematty "the soulless ginger"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Beech Creek, PA
    Vehicle:
    I miss my taco
    OME Lift, 885 Coils, 13MM Top Spacer, Dakar Leafs, DSM UCAs, Homeroshi Flush Mount Grille, WeatherTech Digifit Mats, Bestop Super Top, Toyota Bed Extender, Clevice Receiver 1990 SR5 3.slow SAS 5” Leafs, high pinion diff, 37” PBRs, MC rear, AP front bumpers, 5.29s, locked
    I did my lift n broke the wires that run to the wheel speed sensors. That tripped the ABS light for me.

7. Sep 25, 2011 at 9:02 AM
    zacheross

zacheross Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    did either of you have the buzzer/alarm go off too?

8. Oct 16, 2011 at 6:04 AM
    FLyhighdp

FLyhighdp Member

Member:
    flyhighdp@gmail.com
    Vehicle:
    flyhighdp@gmail.com
    same thing just happened to me, with no aural indication. any other ideas?

9. Oct 16, 2011 at 6:15 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Check each wheel for the wheel speed sensors, and make sure they are connected to the wire harness. Also check that the connection is clean. Then check their alignment to be sure they are strait and nothing like some debris is in the way. Just had to do this on a buick, the awd shut off and the abs light was on. All it was is the sensor was turned a little.

10. Dec 23, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    bermslider

bermslider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Squampton, BC
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab 07 TRD Sport
    K&N Air Filter. 17" XD Revolvers wearing Hankook Dynapro ATM's 265/70/17 treads. Bilsteins in the Front set at 1.75". Debadged. Tail lights tinted.
    I just came on here looking for a solution to the very same issue. Just got my Bilsteins put on today and when driving away from the workshop, noticed the ABS light was on? When I got home from work I took it for a drive and there was also a slight, what felt like, driveline vibration. I was concerned I had the dreaded driveline vibes post lift problem (though only leveled it out with a 1.75" lift). After going into the grocery store I noticed the light was out and once back on the highway the vibes were gone?

Any ideas in this?

11. Jan 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    zacheross

zacheross Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    for the record i ended up on this forumn thread after my abs actuator assembly got fried by a bad jump start back in sept. 2011. after all was said and done i shelled out 3k to replace. the real bummer is after all of that i have come to find that the bad jump left some other kind of electrical short/hiccup which drains my battery ever so slowly. i have tried every kind of certified diagnostic process but am left with disconnecting battery terminals for every 72 hrs its not driven

Products Discussed in

To Top