Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacome + New England Weather = Love

Old 12-17-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
Tacome + New England Weather = Love

This truck is amazing in the snow. It makes me so happy that I bought it. I got to laugh at the state police that had spun off the road in sundays storm. (no tow straps yet)

Old 12-17-2007, 07:24 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Makes it fun to play in the snow again.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #3
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Don't you just love playing in the snow with your new Taco! ! ! Are thoes the OEM tires and how are they workin for you

Don G
Old 12-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #4
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don G View Post
Don't you just love playing in the snow with your new Taco! ! ! Are thoes the OEM tires and how are they workin for you

Don G
I do actually miss the snow sometimes.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #5
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
they are the OEM tires, my truck only has 2000 miles on it. They are a little slippery but nothing the four wheel drive doesnt take care of easily. Plus I am a young kid (23) and ride a street bike so I am used to being on the edge of safety. I am having fun coming around corners sideways.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
I do actually miss the snow sometimes.
Same here.... I lived in New Hampshire for many many years and the snow was awesome (although I hate the cold).

Down here in southern PA - we always tend to skirt the good storms. 1" here, 1" there....ice here & there. Pathetic. I get to deal with the cold & wet weather without any good snow to look forward to.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #7
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Same here.... I lived in New Hampshire for many many years and the snow was awesome (although I hate the cold).

Down here in southern PA - we always tend to skirt the good storms. 1" here, 1" there....ice here & there. Pathetic. I get to deal with the cold & wet weather without any good snow to look forward to.
I hear that Janster. This latest winter storm was rather dissappointing. I lived at the eastern base of the Rockies in Montana when I was young, that was some snow there!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #8
Mean Big Brother

eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
that sounds like our past few winters, i rode my bike into january last year. Its not that way this year though.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:06 AM   #9
kruegs74 is on a distinguished road
kruegs74's Tacoma Gallery
The 4wd seems to have no problems with the snow but I have noticed a few things I dont like since we've had all this snow here in Wisconsin. First is no limited slip rearend. This really pisses me off when the roads are dry but you hit a little edge of snow with one rear tire and the thing revs out when your accelerating (manual trans). The other is the ABS. I think I'd honestly be better off without it. Yeah it keeps control of the truck but it doesnt want to stop. Guess its going to just take some getting used to cause everything else is awsome. Anyone else notice these things?
Old 12-19-2007, 07:13 AM   #10
cuzv is on a distinguished road
cuzv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborgie View Post
This truck is amazing in the snow. It makes me so happy that I bought it. I got to laugh at the state police that had spun off the road in sundays storm. (no tow straps yet)

I with you on this one eborgie. I live over in Watertown and have had a blast getting around over the past week or two with all the snow and ice. I've got just about 2k on my new Taco (I4 Manual Access 4x4) as well.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:59 PM   #11
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruegs74 View Post
The 4wd seems to have no problems with the snow but I have noticed a few things I dont like since we've had all this snow here in Wisconsin. First is no limited slip rearend. This really pisses me off when the roads are dry but you hit a little edge of snow with one rear tire and the thing revs out when your accelerating (manual trans). The other is the ABS. I think I'd honestly be better off without it. Yeah it keeps control of the truck but it doesnt want to stop. Guess its going to just take some getting used to cause everything else is awsome. Anyone else notice these things?
Yeah times have changed, limited slip rear ends are now special order, or in packages like at Toyota. ABS is just something to adjust to, I feel its a move in the right direction for safety. If you feel it doesn't stop soon enough, then your minimum safe distance needs to be adjusted. All in all I love my taco.