Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help me make an offer

Old 07-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
crawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to all
crawlergirl's Tacoma Gallery
Help me make an offer

Hey guys. I've been into jeeps forever, but I've just about had it with them. I need a new vehicle that won't fall apart in 10 years . I test drove a sweet base model double cab taco this weekend and I think I'm in love. Based on the window sticker below, what would be a good price to offer the dealer?
Thanks!!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...288pix/4x4.jpg
Old 07-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
check nada pricing but when ever someone in my family buys new weve always pay 2-4k less than sticker
Old 07-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
carsdirect.com is your friend. Come in strong, check around at a couple dealers within 100 miles on the phone once you have an idea from that site.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Go to edmunds.com and find out how much the dealer paid for it. Then offer them the same amount. They'll still make money because Toyota pays them every time they sell a truck.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
well nada doesnt have the tacoma listed so
Old 07-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #6
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
consumer reports has a really good price break down but it costs like 10-15 bucks to get
Old 07-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #7
Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in
Buzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud of

Buzzoff's Tacoma Gallery
I had numerous dealers fighting for my business. I told each one of them about the others and would relay their prices back to each other.

When I got asked "What would it take for you to buy today?" I would reply that the other 4 dealerships would have to have a chance to beat their lowest price
Old 07-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #8
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2009/toyo...53/prices.html
Old 07-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
i put in '10, thats why

whichever site has the lowest cost for that truck... take that price to them
Old 07-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #12
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
check nada pricing but when ever someone in my family buys new weve always pay 2-4k less than sticker
^ what he said and that's with TT&L
Old 07-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
crawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to all
Wow! So helpful!! Thanks gang.
I'm neck deep in all the websites above and I'm noticing that none of them have the option of selecting power windows & locks as a feature. I assume this means they're standard on every model, right? If that's the case, then this particular vehicle I'm looking at (pic of sticker at top of thread) really and truly is a base model and I can go by the numbers I've found.

Carsdirect - $24,507
Edmund's - $25,259
Nada - $24,352

So I'll probably offer $24,500 if the power windows & locks are indeed standard. Are they?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:13 PM   #15
60% of the time it works every time
Hollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hollywood22's Tacoma Gallery
Ya i'm pretty sure pw/pl are standard on the base models
Old 07-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #16
60% of the time it works every time
Hollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hollywood22's Tacoma Gallery
oh and welcome to tw...as you can tell everyone here is friendly and helpful.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #17
tacosport09 is on a distinguished road
Name: josh
tacosport09's Tacoma Gallery
i just bought my 2009 TRD sport package, back up camera and blue tooth included. $28,600 out the door. My bank has a car buying service which pre-negotiates the price for you. Saved me about 3k
Old 07-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #18
Thanks to everyone's help I made an offer yesterday. My salesman got back to me today with a figure $1000 north of what I offered, citing a "Toyota Marketing Fee" of $903 that they "have to pay on top of invoice to the manufacturer for every vehicle". I'm suspicious. Anybody ever heard of this?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #19

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlergirl View Post
Thanks to everyone's help I made an offer yesterday. My salesman got back to me today with a figure $1000 north of what I offered, citing a "Toyota Marketing Fee" of $903 that they "have to pay on top of invoice to the manufacturer for every vehicle". I'm suspicious. Anybody ever heard of this?
That is such bullshit.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #20

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota pays THEM for every vehicle sold!

** EDIT **

And it's called Dealer Holdback and for Toyota it should be 2% of MSRP

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/incent...ack/index.html

Which means the get like $500+ from toyota no matter how much they sell the truck for.