Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

access cab rear seats

Old 12-17-2007, 10:48 PM   #1
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
access cab rear seats

Hello, is the rear seats interior of the access cab are very small compared to the dakota extended cab? I have tried the new dakota extended cab rear seats and the legroom touch the front seat, but I haven't tried the tacoma seats. do you have some photos with one person inside the rear seat of tacoma access cab? Thanks
Old 12-18-2007, 08:48 PM   #2
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
photos no... small YES... good for about a 20-30 minute drive

I am 5 10 and 160 lbs... so not a real big guy and i think they are small.

Most of us here with access cabs didn't care about the back seat for passengers... infact some of us did it so we wouldnt have to carry passengers
Old 12-18-2007, 08:57 PM   #3
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
i got it just for a little extra space, a place to put stuff, not people..... it's just me and my wife.
i had a reg. cab dodge and wanted an access cab to be able to lean seat back and a place to put stuff.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:01 AM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
If you plan on carrying people in the back of your truck get a D-Cab.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Seats? They call those seats?

Sorry....

The Access cab doesn't really have 'seats' - atleast, not that I'd call it a seat. The back of the cab is padded and the bottom part (12" maybe?) is padded but there's no structure there that'd make it a seat. Like someone else mentioned - it's only good for small & nimble people for a short drive. I bought the Access cab for the extra cargo room and never plan on putting someone back there. We have an SUV to drive if/when we need to carry people.

If you plan on needing to carry people - get the Double Cab!!
Old 12-19-2007, 09:28 AM   #6
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
My 6 year old fits back there nicely... My 6'2" 200-250lb coworkers... not so well.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
Oregon Alliance: Founder
A1CGuches is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Need to now situation
A1CGuches's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to A1CGuches
Yeah i am 6'1 190 and the only reason i optd for the xtra cab was to be able lean back and plus its nice for a little extra cargo space
Old 12-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #8
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt buy mine to carry people. But i love it for my own stuff, having the 4 doors is nice. Everyone else drives when we go out haha!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 106Tacoma View Post
having the 4 doors is nice
If there was one single thing that I absolutely LOVE about the truck - is the access cab doors. They're awesome!!

....the fact that I had a 96 access cab. These doors are absolutely great to have!!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #10
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for your response, when you tell the rear seats aren't comfortable, is it the space in the rear for leg or is it only a problem of seat?
If we re-made the seat and change them for more angle, do you think it will be good. I absolutely want an access cab because i love the look, i love the look of the dble longbed but it's too long for park in the city. So that's why I have choose the access cab, but one thing I don't understand is the very similar price of the access cab trd sport and the dble cab lb trd sport too. Only 1500$ of difference, is it right? thanks
Old 12-19-2007, 10:32 PM   #11
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra View Post
Thanks guys for your response, when you tell the rear seats aren't comfortable, is it the space in the rear for leg or is it only a problem of seat?
If we re-made the seat and change them for more angle, do you think it will be good. I absolutely want an access cab because i love the look, i love the look of the dble longbed but it's too long for park in the city. So that's why I have choose the access cab, but one thing I don't understand is the very similar price of the access cab trd sport and the dble cab lb trd sport too. Only 1500$ of difference, is it right? thanks
It's both....seat comfort and leg room.

If you angled the seat more - you'd lose even more room.

And obviously, that depends on how far back or forward the drivers & passenger seats are.