Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need help on Xm radio for toyota tacoma

Old 07-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
Need help on Xm radio for toyota tacoma

Hello, what are my options forr unning the XM radio and ipod through my stock stereo? I have just a 6 cd changer and I would like to run the ipod and satellite through the stock radio with text on the screen.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrackin View Post
Hello, what are my options forr unning the XM radio and ipod through my stock stereo? I have just a 6 cd changer and I would like to run the ipod and satellite through the stock radio with text on the screen.
There is a great one out there as long as you do not have a 09, XM branded, radio. I think the one that I am thinking about is the Peripheral Electronics PXAMG. The thing I like about this one is that you can scroll through playlists, etc at lightning speeds with the tuner dial. Unfortunately, I have the XM branded radio that won't work!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKsX_...layer_embedded

Notice how this radio doesn't have the XM logo on the faceplate (click on the video 2x and read comments). The guy from the manufacturer told me XM branded but he may have meant JBL.

I thought about getting an 08 radio but I wanted to keep the WMA/MP3 capabilities of the 09 radio.