Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got the Squeaky Brake TSB Done Today

Old 12-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Got the Squeaky Brake TSB Done Today

No more squeaky brakes...finally! This is the 2nd time I complained about the squeaky breaks and now they say oh yeah there's a TSB for that. Parts came in over the weekend and they performed the work today.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:37 AM   #2
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Bob, is the squeaky brake thing just for a particular trim line? I've not had a problem with anything like this as of yet.

By the way, Optimus rules!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
When does your brakes squeek?

What do they do for the TSB?
Started out just in the morning, then eventually became all day, every day. The parts list for the tsb showed new caliper clips and a "special lubricant". My pads still had 80% material on them so I knew it was something else. Runs great now, 0 annoying squeaks.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
Started out just in the morning, then eventually became all day, every day. The parts list for the tsb showed new caliper clips and a "special lubricant". My pads still had 80% material on them so I knew it was something else. Runs great now, 0 annoying squeaks.
That sounds like an Anti Squeel material.

I haven't heard that yet on mine - trucks only 5500 miles old. After my truck sits a bit - it'll squeel for the first couple times using the brakes. It goes away quickly as I think its just from the rust/condensation from the truck sitting.

This is exactly why I visit these forums - to *keep up* with possible issues.

Thanks for posting!
Old 12-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #6
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Mine only squeel a bit the first few times I use them on damp mornings (much like Janster's)...I don't think I've ever had Toyota brakes that didn't squeek when it was damp....
Old 12-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
mine usually squeak anytime that i come to a slow stop. the main time i tell is when i'm pulling into drive-thru's, etc.