1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Safely remove airbag equipped front seats

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Micke.223, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Jul 29, 2009 at 3:28 PM
    Micke.223

Micke.223 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE Pennsyvlania
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    Venture Shield 3M Clear Bra, 40% Front Tint, EGR Slimline In-Channel Visors, Weahther Tech Mats, Okole Seat Covers, Stant 10504 Locking Fuel Cap, Dyno Lock, G4 Elite Fold-a-Cover
    OK, I bought Okole's a month ago and have the back put on. I've tried to attempt to put them on the front seats a couple of times, but got too overwhelmed. My front seats are airbag equipped, so I was always hinky about just jamming buckles and haphazardly threading straps. My only thought now is that I must remove my front seats in order to properly install my front seat covers, and make sure the straps don't interfere or pull on anything they shouldn't.

I searched the site, but couldn't find anything that told or showed me how to SAFELY remove my front (airbag equipped) seat...or what to do if/after I got them re-installed. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Mickey

2. Jul 29, 2009 at 3:34 PM
    Raylo

Raylo Well-Known Member

Member:
    MD, USA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra SR5 OffRoad; (2009 Tacoma - sold)
    All stock, except for audio and convenience add-ons
    Really not much to it. Just make sure you leave the batterry disconected for a couple minutes before and be *very* careful with the little yellow seat air bag connectors. Don't break them... and don't lose the 2 little springs inside each one. Other than that, nuthin' to worry about.

3. Jul 29, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    Diablo

Diablo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD
    Seems like way too much trouble. The covers are a bit of a pain to put on but take your time and its not really that difficult

Products Discussed in

To Top