1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help with gauge needle???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by The Mega, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Jul 29, 2009 at 7:17 PM
    The Mega

The Mega [OP] Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    Custom Retrofit Headlights, TRD CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, Demello Offroad Sliders, Icon Coilovers w/ reservoirs, Allpro Rear Leaf Pack w/Fox reservoirs, Ubolt Flip Kit, Bed Mounted Spare, Total Chaos UCA, Steal Brake Lines All Around, Viper Remote Start, Custom Emblem Work, Black Tail Lights, and Flashlight Mod, Devil Emblem, Color Matched Interior, Demello Front Bumper, Onboard Air, Courtesy LED Lights (Interior and Exterior), Secondary Fuse Block, Hood Struts, Engine Bay Lights
    Hey guys, this is my first post so hopefully I'm doing everything correctly. So I was attempting to switch my dash leds out in my truck and messed up my engine temp. needle. Now the needle rests against the fuel gauge needle but when I start my truck the needle rises like normal. The problem seems to be that it is not being proped up in the correct position. Is there an easy fix? If not, is this something that should be covered by a warrany???

2. Jul 29, 2009 at 9:14 PM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    most likely when you re-installed the needle it was put on incorrectly. What I recommend is to start the truck (or turn the key to the on position) when the engine is at normal temp. Then install the needle somewhere in the middle.

This happened with my Tach, I installed the needle at the wrong position. I started the engine then using the Scangauge to get an accurate RPM I re-installed the needle at the correct position while the engine was idling.

As for the warrenty, if the LEDs are a different color, the dealer will know you have been messing with stuff.

3. Jul 29, 2009 at 9:17 PM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    Take the gas needle out and spin the temp needle clockwise. You'll feel where it "stops" so to say. Should be pointing to the line on the "cold" side. You know what I mean?

4. Jul 30, 2009 at 8:45 AM
    4getful

4getful Senior Junior Member In Training

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4X4
    6" Pro-Comp Stage 2, 35x12.50x20 ProComp Xtreme All Terrain, 20" KMC Revolvers, 4.88 Gears, Banks Exhaust De-Badged
    When truck is off, the needles should be in the center of the "0" for the speed and tach. The needles should be on the right edge of the "E" and "C" on gas and temp.

5. Aug 2, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    The Mega

The Mega [OP] Get Routy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Speedway Blue
    Custom Retrofit Headlights, TRD CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, Demello Offroad Sliders, Icon Coilovers w/ reservoirs, Allpro Rear Leaf Pack w/Fox reservoirs, Ubolt Flip Kit, Bed Mounted Spare, Total Chaos UCA, Steal Brake Lines All Around, Viper Remote Start, Custom Emblem Work, Black Tail Lights, and Flashlight Mod, Devil Emblem, Color Matched Interior, Demello Front Bumper, Onboard Air, Courtesy LED Lights (Interior and Exterior), Secondary Fuse Block, Hood Struts, Engine Bay Lights
    Okay cool, Im gonna see if I can adjust that needle, if the needle wont stay and just keeps falling back down can I replace just the needle.

Products Discussed in

To Top