Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Hilux Top Gear

Old 12-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
rjmcmillan is on a distinguished road
rjmcmillan's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Hilux Top Gear

Has anyone commented on the Top Gear segment when they took a modified Hilux to the North Pole. I wonder if some of the Hilux styling queues will ever make it to the Tacoma?

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyo...ctic_TGB_Hilux

http://www.invinciblehilux.co.uk/
Old 12-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
They used a HILUX modified by ArticTrucks from Iceland.
You can also have your truck modified like this but you have to go to Iceland or Norway.
See the link:
http://www.arctictrucks.com

TACOMA:
On 38" tires

On 35" tires

HILUX:
Old 12-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
chace is on a distinguished road
chace's Tacoma Gallery
That episode was amazing. I heard they are going to bring the diesel model to the US in the next few years.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
Ultimate Member
SLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to behold

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
There has been a few threads that have commented on it. One of the coolest things I've ever seen a truck do, and of course its a Toyota!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
If you guys watch Top Gear (the show) - they have that Toyota sitting in their studio.

My husband and I love that show.

Search for "Jeremy Clarkson" on YouTube and you'll all sorts of stuff. Some of its good and some of its 'dry' - but overall, he's hilarious. I just went and watched this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_6duUI2Xsk
Some extra movie magic explosions - but still fun to watch.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:27 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
There is actually a clip of the video in the video section on here (from youtube).

Oh, and the rumor of the diesel coming to the US is just that - a rumor. Trust me, if anyone knows of solid evidence of a Toyota diesel coming to the states, I will be the first to tell you about it.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:32 AM   #7
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
The Hilux video was great, but the one i liked even better was when (i think it was jeremy) tried to destroy that old diesel pickup. They droped it from like 15 ft, put it ontop of a building and demolished it, let it wash out to sea... they did everything and it kept running. they even set the whole thing on fire. if you havn't seen that one you need to look it up
Old 12-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #9
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Thanks Janster. i saw that way before i got a tacoma and that was actually one reason i decided to go with toyota. I remembered that video and figured if they were still half as reliable as they use to be i'd be set.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Thanks Janster. i saw that way before i got a tacoma and that was actually one reason i decided to go with toyota. I remembered that video and figured if they were still half as reliable as they use to be i'd be set.
I'd love to see them test a new one.

>---sorry, no offense. I don't think ANY vehicle could withstand all that.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:45 AM   #11
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I'd love to see them test a new one.

>---sorry, no offense. I don't think ANY vehicle could withstand all that.
That is the best gif image ever!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #12
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I doubt ours would withstand HALF of what they put that old Hilux through... Too much plastic to melt, crack, and get torn off.... Too many electronics to survive in the sea. Too many crumple zones to allow it to remain drivable after hitting the tree, dropping a camper on it, or bashing it with a recking ball.

I mean, hell, people have dented their roof sitting on it! My buddy jumped on the hood trying to help me get unstuck by putting more weight on the front wheels. That caused the skin to pop off the support braces and a trip to the dealer to have them reglued. And don't get me started on the tailgate.....
Old 12-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #13
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
The Hilux video was great, but the one i liked even better was when (i think it was jeremy) tried to destroy that old diesel pickup. They droped it from like 15 ft, put it ontop of a building and demolished it, let it wash out to sea... they did everything and it kept running. they even set the whole thing on fire. if you havn't seen that one you need to look it up
I was amazed, that's a tuff S.O.B but I would have rather seen them keep it on the farm and work the Hell out of it, pulling overloaded trailers, loaded with feed, in the muck, dark of night, you know all that stuff.