Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any opinions on a Pre-Filter for a K&N OR Airaid??

Old 07-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #1
garbal is on a distinguished road
garbal's Tacoma Gallery
Any opinions on a Pre-Filter for a K&N OR Airaid??

I'm thinking of putting a pre-filter bag on top of my Airaid filter. Any of you guys have one... is it worth it?? I hear it reduces the amount of dust and lessens the amount you have to clean and re-oil... any other advantages / disadvantages? Thanks. Garr.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbal View Post
I'm thinking of putting a pre-filter bag on top of my Airaid filter. Any of you guys have one... is it worth it?? I hear it reduces the amount of dust and lessens the amount you have to clean and re-oil... any other advantages / disadvantages? Thanks. Garr.
No one is posting so here's a hate post. The fact that they even sell them is telling isn't it? The filters don't do their job properly in the first place so they sell you a prophylactic to go over it. I wonder how they effect airflow? All a total waste of $$$ IMO.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Those pre filters are good if you go into silty and fine sand type of things, they also kinda help keep alittle of water out if you accidentally splash into some. It really doesn't affect much airflow.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
X2, Don't make no sense do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb609 View Post
No one is posting so here's a hate post. The fact that they even sell them is telling isn't it? The filters don't do their job properly in the first place so they sell you a prophylactic to go over it. I wonder how they effect airflow? All a total waste of $$$ IMO.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
EricS76 is on a distinguished road
EricS76's Tacoma Gallery
I had one on my previous truck. Never had to clean the filter in 6 years. The filters do their jobs properly, the pre-filter just catches the big stuff to keep it off the real filter. It has nothing to do with more filtration, just keeps large particles from getting to the primary filter. If I had an open element filter on this truck, I'd have one.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
TacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to behold
TacoMOnster07's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TacoMOnster07
I'm currently waiting for mine to arrive
Old 07-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #8
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
pre filter is a good idea I would say, my rc has one