Notices

Rust Protection

Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #22
taczilla is on a distinguished road

Name: Marc
taczilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTac View Post
My dealer offered an "Electronic Corrosion Control" for around $600 IIRC. It has a lifetime guarantee if done within the 1st 2 years...5 year guarantee after that. I think there is some service/check involved periodicly for the guarantee.

I didn't bite but i'm keeping it in mind for sometime in the next 2 years.

Maybe someone knows more/has experience with this??
My dealership offered me the same rust thingy for $1495.00 , and went on to tell me that the warranty was for rust-THROUGH only !! I told him to keep it. When I went to pick up my truck after dealer prep, they had installed the module by accident, had applied the paint protect and interior protect as well, and I got to keep it all for free!

I still went and got my truck sprayed within the week of purchase (mid-June). The sprayer took out the tail lights, drilled holes (and plugged) in the door bottoms, and sprayed everywhere he could. $100 and the creeping oil dripped for a month in the 80 degree heat.

I bought the truck to use it as a tool, and I don't sleep under it, so preserving such a large investment is the priority... spraying oil is a good thing.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #23
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
found this:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...luid-film.html

and this:
http://www.kellsportproducts.com/
Old 12-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #24
canucktacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
canucktacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i use krown,have my santa fe done each year(6) so far great shape under neath.just took my 2008 taco in,just bought,never done on our rads worth it,wait couple weeks then wash.will see creepage fpr a while,
Old 12-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #25
over60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
over60's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I'm a total believer in "Corrosion Free" spray on rust inhibitor... it's pretty much the same as Rust Check and Krown....but WITHOUT the drip and it "creeps" all the time and forces water outta places it should not be... I have to wash the truck every month or the stuff is creeping out of the bottom of the doors and creeping up about 6" on the outside of the doors....

They offer a warranty that covers brake lines and fuel lines, etc. etc.... AND they are good for it, as I broke a park brake cable on my old Frod van... no fault to rust, just faulty Ford crap.... they covered the repair...no questions asked...

Where I find a real advantage of doing the Corrosion Free application every 18 months is this... it don't trap water like the tar type stuff and all your nuts and bolts are in good shape if you try to remove them and no squeaky springs or anything........not rusted to crap and needing a torch to cut them....

I've had 3 cars with this stuff and will do every one I ever have..... It's an '06 and the frame looks like it just came outta the showroom... not like some of the pics I see on here...ALL RUSTY...

It costs $, but well worth it if you live is "salt land" up here in the Great White north....

Good luck guys....

Over