1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Prodigy.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mullica woods'er, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Jul 31, 2009 at 5:02 AM
    mullica woods'er

mullica woods'er [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    south jersey pinebarrons
    Vehicle:
    06 trd 4x4
    rear leaf tsb,billies all around.front set at 1.75. 265 duratracs.cbi front hitch.rough contry 9.5 winch/syn.rope.
    Hi folks,
    i was wondering if this a good brake controller for our trucks? There is one for sale 'used' on craigslist near where i live for 50 bucks.The part # is 90185.Will this work??I'm assuming this person has the wiring plug for inside the truck.But if not can I purchase one saparate at like walmart?? I bought my truck used,and it did'nt come with no controller.I thought the Factory gave you something when your truck had the tow package.Not sure on that one though.Ok,thanks for any help in advance.

2. Jul 31, 2009 at 8:52 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Brake controllers don't come with the truck from the factory. The pigtail (wiring) does.....

But since you bought the truck used, the pigtail is probably gone and you'll have to locate another one (or some other way to hook up your brake controller).

Tekonsha Prodigy is one of the best brake controllers you can get.

Products Discussed in

To Top