Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Prodigy.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:02 AM   #1
mullica woods'er is on a distinguished road
mullica woods'er's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Prodigy.

Hi folks,
i was wondering if this a good brake controller for our trucks? There is one for sale 'used' on craigslist near where i live for 50 bucks.The part # is 90185.Will this work??I'm assuming this person has the wiring plug for inside the truck.But if not can I purchase one saparate at like walmart?? I bought my truck used,and it did'nt come with no controller.I thought the Factory gave you something when your truck had the tow package.Not sure on that one though.Ok,thanks for any help in advance.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Brake controllers don't come with the truck from the factory. The pigtail (wiring) does.....

But since you bought the truck used, the pigtail is probably gone and you'll have to locate another one (or some other way to hook up your brake controller).

Tekonsha Prodigy is one of the best brake controllers you can get.