Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Smittybilt???

Old 07-31-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
WONDER8OY is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
WONDER8OY's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Smittybilt???

Hey guys just trying to get a opinion on bull bars.

I can get a brand new smittybilt bull bar for around $100 or a Aries for around $300

other than the name whats really the difference between them?? and is smitty just not very good??

-Brad
Old 07-31-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDER8OY View Post
Hey guys just trying to get a opinion on bull bars.

-Brad
They kill your approach angle so I think they suck
Old 07-31-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
brandon , avid /arctic ftw
Old 07-31-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
brandon , avid /arctic ftw
+1 Check out the "artic bull bar thread" Shipping will prob be a killer though up to BC
Old 07-31-2009, 11:16 AM   #7
well i was looking at that one too and REALLY! like it but isnt it like $300 somthing bucks???
Old 07-31-2009, 02:05 PM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
They kill your approach angle so I think they suck
Who cares about approach angle for the casual offroader - you're better off having a bullbar/ brushguard/ push bar on the front just to protect your front bumper/valance.

I had a WAAG brush guard on my 96 and I beat the shit outta it while my bumper stayed untouched.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:22 PM   #9
Resident Canuck
HwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to all

HwyRogue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well i was looking at that one too and REALLY! like it but isnt it like $300 somthing bucks???
..to have the arctic bull bar delivered to Regina, SK is $381 USD... I'm still debating it, since I'm sure they'll add taxes on that and a brokerage fee... all of a sudden these bars are $500
Old 07-31-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
brandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Brandon
brandob9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyRogue View Post
...I'm sure they'll add taxes on that and a brokerage fee... all of a sudden these bars are $500
Yeah for Nationalized Health Care!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #11
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbwoy7s View Post
never heard of smitty. lemee google.
was that a joke???? they have been around for 90000000 years. they are shit now but at one time they were "the shit"
Old 07-31-2009, 07:04 PM   #12
teri4lance is on a distinguished road

Army: FDC , A battery 6/9FA
teri4lance's Tacoma Gallery
Smitty is still real popular in the Jeep world. Where did you find it for $100 ?
Old 08-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #13
i work for a toyota dealer in BC and I was talking to our accesorie shop and thats gonna be my cost on it.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
but really how can a bull bar be "shit" it cant be really hard to mess it up .... there powder coated black like all rest of them the only thing thats different is the name and the skid plate grates are a different style..
Old 08-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #15
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
but really how can a bull bar be "shit" it cant be really hard to mess it up .... there powder coated black like all rest of them the only thing thats different is the name and the skid plate grates are a different style..
they rust/rot out really bad. i 've had tube bumpers/roll bars,nerf bars and the all rusted really bad at the ends where the put the cheesy plastic caps. the roll bar was welded crooked as hell
Old 08-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #16
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
was that a joke???? they have been around for 90000000 years. they are shit now but at one time they were "the shit"
I came from the world of import racing, still learning truck stuff.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #17
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbwoy7s View Post
I came from the world of import racing, still learning truck stuff.
oh ok, glad you came over to the cool side of trucks
Old 08-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #18
Resident Canuck
HwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyRogue View Post
..to have the arctic bull bar delivered to Regina, SK is $381 USD... I'm still debating it, since I'm sure they'll add taxes on that and a brokerage fee... all of a sudden these bars are $500
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered this arctic bull bar from Brandon @ Avid ... $375 delivered; hopefully NAFTA will help as they're built in the US... I'll let yas know once the bars arrive...

After all - satisfaction of getting what you want for your truck is priceless!
Old 08-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #19
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
oh ok, glad you came over to the cool side of trucks
I needed a mans vehicle! Imports were fun but I started to feel like I was driving a kids car. Besides, I kept finding myself in situations where I needed a truck.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #20
Resident Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajpo View Post
375 delivered to Canada is still a great deal. Try getting a bar from all-pro or someone similar and the bar alone will cost you 600.
whoa! Well, with the exchange it'll be $450ish...and then to get it powder coated on top of that... so still $500ish. Yes, more than I wanted to spend, but why cheap out?