Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cat on the hood of my Taco!!

Old 12-20-2007, 11:03 AM   #21
Big Cat Chew Toy
GTiVR6r is on a distinguished road

GTiVR6r's Tacoma Gallery
Park your truck in the garage.

If you don't have a garage, go buy a house that has one and park it in there.

Its a buyers market right now.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:04 AM   #22
Oregon Alliance: Founder
A1CGuches is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Need to now situation
A1CGuches's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to A1CGuches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrooks84 View Post
Well the paint ball gun will not damage the paint on your vehicle as would a lead BB. Also if shot from about 30 foot shouldnt have any problem with denting either. You could just try spraying it down with water or put a sticky substance on it a few times to make the cat not want to go up there anymore then clean it off.
That just gave me an idea...just get one of those sticky pads they use to catch mice with and set one ore two right where the cat sits....problem solved..
Old 12-20-2007, 11:51 AM   #23
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
yeah, i like cats too, but it would work....
You're just saying that because you're afraid of GTI!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #24
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
You're just saying that because you're afraid of GTI!
nah, we've already had this discussion. if he has the balls to make it to the carolina meet i'm gonna put a hurtin on him. He's too big to be fast
Old 12-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #25
PatheticJoe will become famous soon enough

PatheticJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
I once had that problem. I gained the cats trust, put him in the back of my shell and found him a new home far away.

Very tempting...............
Old 12-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Last winter we had a problem witha neighborhood cat spraying our basement windows and front entrance.We have an indoor cat and the cat that is allowed to roam the street would see our guy in the window and come by and mark itself.....Very annoying and downright raunchy when it gets warmer.I went to a local pet store and bought a cat-repellant spray and used it all around the house....Presto.problem solved.Whatever is in this stuff is apparently awful to cats,but to people it hardly has a smell at all.What smell there is is antiseptic-ish if anything.Mabey try a couple of squirts around the truck when you park it or spray some on a rag and dab it on the plastic part of the scoop.....Hope it helps.
Excellent idea. What I like best is that it may keep the cat from ever jumping up on the hood. Everything else had the risk of startling the cat and it clawing my paint. I think I'll try and find this stuff and give it a try. Don't suppose you remember the brand or anything?
Old 12-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #27
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatheticJoe View Post
Excellent idea. What I like best is that it may keep the cat from ever jumping up on the hood. Everything else had the risk of startling the cat and it clawing my paint. I think I'll try and find this stuff and give it a try. Don't suppose you remember the brand or anything?
Until you figure it out, you could just try spraying around your truck.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:20 PM   #28
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatheticJoe View Post
Sorry Joe,I don't remember the exact brand and I'm at work right now.I would think that any pet store or even department store would stock one type or another.The other benefit is that you only need to use it for awhile and the cat will just begin to associate your truck with somewhere it dosn't want to be.Try a couple of sprays on the inside of your wheels and even under the truck.This way there is no fear of any discolorization or reaction to paint or plastic.It also will be at the cat's level,so one whiff and it moves on to the next car or better yet gives up vehicle lounging altogether.PM me if you're unable to find some and I'll dig a little deeper here.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #29
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
AZsurfer13 said it best, get a car cover.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:23 PM   #30
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
AZsurfer13 said it best, get a car cover.

This is not the best idea as I already tried it. In fact it may be worse.

Cats sleep on the hood for warmth.

The car cover lets them sleep on it for warmth too, but they do that scratching thing before they sleep, and eventually fluff up the cover.

In the mean time, your hood gets scratched more with the cover due to them fluffing, than without.

THIS HAPPENED TO ME!
Old 12-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #31
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
The ultrasonic thingey- no workie. They get used to the sound. The scatmat works. Another poor man's scat mat is mouse traps. Honest, they do not hurt the kitty but they scare them. I think it is because it snaps at them but no human is around. Put them right where they will land when they jump up, a few do the trick. Put a cheapo blanket between your truck and the traps. The mouse trap idea I first used to keep them off counters in the house too. Oh, and if they get used to where they might be, move them, bait them, or cover them with a paper towel. (No, I have not thought this out nor had any prior experience, honest, LOL)
Old 12-20-2007, 06:05 PM   #32

Quote:
Until you figure it out, you could just try spraying around your truck.
I'll definately try this first since some of these contain "urine from coyotes, foxes or bobcats".

Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Sorry Joe,I don't remember the exact brand and I'm at work right now.I would think that any pet store or even department store would stock one type or another.The other benefit is that you only need to use it for awhile and the cat will just begin to associate your truck with somewhere it dosn't want to be.Try a couple of sprays on the inside of your wheels and even under the truck.This way there is no fear of any discolorization or reaction to paint or plastic.It also will be at the cat's level,so one whiff and it moves on to the next car or better yet gives up vehicle lounging altogether.PM me if you're unable to find some and I'll dig a little deeper here.
I've tracked down several, I'll order one next year and see how it works. Really hope this works as well for me as it did for you.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #33
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiVR6r View Post

Not, it's won't be time to buy a house until about 2011.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #34
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
cats or rats

either one..how bout a half dozen rat traps in a circle around a can of tuna placed in the bed overnight..Sorry PETA people.keep your animals inside or on a leash.(I do have two cats and two dogs BTW).
Old 12-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #35
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested to hear what you all found out about the repellant. I would like to pick some up too.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
I am interested to hear what you all found out about the repellant. I would like to pick some up too.
Here is what I found.

Liquid Fence and Shake-Away

I'll probably try the liquid fence first.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:28 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
Not, it's won't be time to buy a house until about 2011.
At the rate things are going it'll be a lot longer for me. I've already lost 30k on the property I own thanks to the sh!tty CA real estate market. At least my payments are low enough I can invest in my Taco for the next few years.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #38
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post

Get some cat nip and throw it in the neighbors yard.

or plant some catnip plants in everyones yards but yours haha, that's what i'd do. damn kitties
Old 12-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #39

Quote:

You could get a lift so much that the cat can't jump up on there.
there is a good way for you to justify that 6 inch lift you've been dreaming about lol
Old 12-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiVR6r View Post

HAHAHAHA the perfect and most logical answer to muddy kitty footprints on the hood of your truck. Buy a house and move away! You could say you spend 200,000 and moved because of a cat lol