Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cat on the hood of my Taco!!

Old 12-21-2007, 04:58 PM   #41
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Spray your hood down with teflon spray and watch that little turd slide ride off the other side.

Actually, that would be hilarious and I would probably pay to see that.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #42
PatheticJoe will become famous soon enough

PatheticJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Spray your hood down with teflon spray and watch that little turd slide ride off the other side.

If that cat was declawed I might actually try that but as it is I have vision of claw marks that I'm not willing to risk it for.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:13 PM   #43
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Don't California Condors eat cats ?
Old 12-21-2007, 06:11 PM   #44
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
How about getting a plastic tarp and laying it over the hood? Maybe tuck under the wipers to hold in place. I don't know if that would scratch the paint or not, but the "crinkling" sound would probably keep the cat from walking on the hood. Seems like I've seen similar things for furniture. The cats don't like the feel of it or the noise it makes when they walk on it so they stay off.

or.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ-QYLuA50I

(FWIW, I have 4 cats... One of which is identical to the one in that video... Disturbing... Yet strangely funny...)
Old 12-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #46
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Funny, if only it would work.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:35 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
How about getting a plastic tarp and laying it over the hood? Maybe tuck under the wipers to hold in place. I don't know if that would scratch the paint or not, but the "crinkling" sound would probably keep the cat from walking on the hood. Seems like I've seen similar things for furniture. The cats don't like the feel of it or the noise it makes when they walk on it so they stay off.

or.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FJ-QYLuA50I

(FWIW, I have 4 cats... One of which is identical to the one in that video... Disturbing... Yet strangely funny...)
On a serious note I hate the thought of anything that requires me to inconvience myself like the time to put a tarp on. To me its like the cat is beating me even more than it is already.

On a lighter note, great videos, I had an idea of where that sunroof video was going but didn't expect that. Clearly those UK'ers can take things a little farther than us.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #48
Spacedude is on a distinguished road

Spacedude's Tacoma Gallery
How about a "scare crow"; that is, maybe a mean looking stuffed dog placed on your hood? What cat would even jump on your hood with that thing sitting there?
Old 12-24-2007, 08:38 PM   #49
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post

hahaha i like your idea the best wilson, and i'd sit up all night just waiting to watch it fall off the hood lol
Old 12-24-2007, 10:52 PM   #50
08toyo is on a distinguished road
08toyo's Tacoma Gallery
i heard moth balls deter cats. lay them around the yard. I tried it, and it worked.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #51
vivafire is on a distinguished road

vivafire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08toyo View Post
i heard moth balls deter cats. lay them around the yard. I tried it, and it worked.
But doesn't that just make a mess in your yard?
Old 12-25-2007, 07:40 PM   #52
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:

That might do it! Scatter them around the yard and keep the cat from getting anywhere NEAR the truck!
Old 12-25-2007, 09:43 PM   #53
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
shoot the cat lol, old lady won't know what happened. damn coyotes right?!
Old 12-26-2007, 02:50 AM   #54
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatheticJoe View Post
Alright, I walked out this morning and all over my hood were muddy cat paws. My beautiful black truck violated by kitty paws. So I'm thinking of buying one of these devices and leaving it on the dash at night. Since I don't own a pet I want some feedback on how bad this may be or is there a better route?
They make shot guns for that.
Cabela`s sells a tarp. I may even put mine on. I use them on the bikes in the barn. Birds poop on them. And there is hay dust in summer.
I have just left the taco out. I doubt that I will use the cover. It has a new foot of snow on it, but that is no problem. Did I understand that you can use the rear diff. lock in 4L? I thought 4 disabled it.
Cats are expendable. Tell him to get back to killing mice.
I have a pine squirrel that likes to sit on my L Frt. wheel. I suppose that I should kill him before he chews something.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:59 AM   #56
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen_taco View Post
your trucks a pussy magnet, lucky..

Ha ha. Good one. These trucks could star in a remake of Cat on a hot tin hood.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:45 AM   #57
Banned
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
The last thing I want to do right now is fight a cover. The bikes are pretty easy.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:25 AM   #58

Quote:
According to the web sites I've read this does work but then other things end up eating the moth balls and dying so maybe not the greatest idea for the whole ecosystem thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen_taco View Post
your trucks a pussy magnet, lucky..
Does anyone know how to reverse the polarity, because it's not attracting enough of the other kind?
Old 01-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #59
Oregon Alliance: Founder
A1CGuches is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Need to now situation
A1CGuches's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to A1CGuches
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
shoot the cat lol, old lady won't know what happened. damn coyotes right?!
We have had a "coyote" problem around here too those damned cats just keep dissapearing
Old 01-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #60
Banned
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
# 8 would be the right size.

Cats in your belfry.