Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Took The Plunge

Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Winger12003 will become famous soon enoughWinger12003 will become famous soon enough
Name: Mike
Winger12003's Tacoma Gallery
Took The Plunge

Well I bit the bullet this afternoon and traded my 06 Tundra in for a 2009 Speedway Blue V6 4x4 Taco. I have always loved the design of the 2nd gen tacomas and even though the new Tundra is badass in the engine department, I could never get past the revamped body. The tunda I had was a good truck, but it just didn't seem as rugged as the Tacomas. I have tons of mods planned for my new toy and I have already gotten lots of good ideas form this site. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and I will be checking back in for advice and pics.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 07-31-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
Uhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Uhaul-n-azz's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 07-31-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to T.World! I wanted the blue over the Barcelona red i bought. Wasnt any in stock, red is good too.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:43 PM   #7
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
congrats, you will love the 4x4
Old 08-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #9
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
I hated to see you give up the Tundra.
That was one truly bad ass truck you had.
Oh well welcome to the club.

I would suggest this as your first mod.....
http://www.grillcraft.com/applications/2005_Toyota_Tacoma.aspx/1|7/411/
Old 08-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #11
cntmdc is a splendid one to beholdcntmdc is a splendid one to beholdcntmdc is a splendid one to beholdcntmdc is a splendid one to beholdcntmdc is a splendid one to beholdcntmdc is a splendid one to beholdcntmdc is a splendid one to beholdcntmdc is a splendid one to behold

Name: Pablo
cntmdc's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW .
I gave up my 06 Tundra XSP as well and I don't miss it.I love my Taco more than I ever did my Tundra and so will you.I don't miss the turning radius (it was horrible) on the Tundra and you could do little things to make your Taco more personal.Again Welcome.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #12
bigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud of
Name: mike
bigyetti's Tacoma Gallery
welcome i like the ol;der tundras but i also like the new body style with the bad a$$ 5.7 just wish toyota would offer a manual tranny with the v8s 4x4s n ot the 2wd 4.0 v6 auto. just my opinion. oh ya welcome again to our addiction. ps you will love the taco
Old 08-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #13
dmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud of

Air Force: Metal's Tech
dmb's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Which mod are/have you done first?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #14
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
While I am at it......
This should be your second mod (or first mod if you don't like my previous suggestion for your first mod)....
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoadjbils.htm
Old 08-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #15
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the club.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yea, congrats...nice color too!
Old 08-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #17
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Post some pics of the tundra and taco!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:05 AM   #18
Winger12003 will become famous soon enoughWinger12003 will become famous soon enough
Winger12003's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the welcomes guys, I have had the Tacoma for about 48 hours now and I can give some of my 1st impressions: First of all I love the quickness of the Tacoma over my old Tundra, I don't know how much this will chage once I level the truck out and put some bigger meats on her, but so far this baby will fly. I had the JBL radio in my Tundra and the stock radio in my Tacoma sounds a heck of alot better to me, at least some better bottom end. There seems to be alot more after market goodies for a Tacoma, than a Tundra, especially in the lift department. I love the tight turn radius of the Tacoma also, my Tundra DBL cab was a pain to try do to do a U turn with. Now all I have to do is decide on my first mods, LOL! Thanks again guys for all the welcomes, think my first mods will be the leveling and rims and tires.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #19
60% of the time it works every time
Hollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hollywood22's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and congrats