1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60K Powertrain Warranty details

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by macwired, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Aug 1, 2009 at 8:34 AM
    macwired

macwired [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    West Coast
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco 4x4 4 banger
    Does anyone know where I can see what is included in the 60K powertrain warranty? I have searched all over and can't seem to find any specific details.

2. Aug 1, 2009 at 8:45 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Anything that makes the truck move forward, not to include periodic maintenance describes it best.

3. Aug 1, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    macwired

macwired [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    West Coast
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco 4x4 4 banger
    Thanks for the reply.
    But more specifically, are wear items included, like the clutch, throwout bearing, u-joints, cv-joints, etc. I am curious becuase I think I have a rear u-joint on the outs and don't want a surprise if I take it into the dealer.

4. Aug 1, 2009 at 9:10 AM
    smallcandle

smallcandle The clown has no penis...

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    South-central Kansas
    Vehicle:
    02 DC TRD SR5 4X4
    Deck plate mod, Maglite console mount, Husky Liners front and back, Black powder coated OEM rims, BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's 265/75/16, Grillcraft MX black insert, Hella 500FF mounted behind grill
    This comes from the Toyota website. Probably doesn't answer your concern specifically, so I would suggest calling the dealer and getting the answer from the "horse's" mouth.

Every Toyota Car, Truck and SUV is built to exceptional standards. And that's not idle boasting. We back it up with these Limited Warranty Coverages:
    Basic
    36 months/36,000 miles (all components other than normal wear and maintenance items).

Powertrain
    60 months/60,000 miles (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts and airbags).

Rust-Through
    60 months/unlimited miles (corrosion perforation of sheet metal).

Emissions
    Coverages vary under Federal and California regulations. Refer to applicable Owner's Warranty Information booklet for details.

Accessories
    For accessories purchased at time of the new vehicle purchase, the Toyota Accessory Warranty coverage is in effect for 36 months or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first) from the vehicle's in-service date, which is the same coverage as the Basic coverage of the Toyota New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
    For dealer-installed accessories purchased after the new vehicle purchase, the coverage is 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first) from the date the accessory was installed on the vehicle, or the remainder of the above 36 months or 36,000 miles Basic coverage from the vehicle's in-service date, whichever provides greater coverage, with the exception of car covers. Car covers are warranted for 12 months from the date of purchase and do not assume any coverage under the Toyota New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
    For customer (non-dealer)-installed accessories purchased after the new vehicle purchase, the coverage is 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first), from the purchase date of the accessory.
    You may be eligible for transportation assistance if it's necessary that your vehicle be kept overnight for repairs covered under warranty. Please see your authorized Toyota dealership for further details.
    For complete details about Toyota's warranties, please refer to the applicable Owner's Warranty Information booklet or see your Toyota dealer.

Hybrid-Related Component Coverage
    Hybrid-related components for hybrid vehicles are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles. The HV battery may have longer coverage under emissions warranty. Refer to applicable Owner's Warranty Information booklet for details.

5. Aug 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM
    luni

luni Resident Gun-toting Hippie

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    If you bought an extended warranty check the paperwork from your original purchase. There's a sheet of paper with the warranty you bought, price paid, VIN, all that good stuff. On it or with it there's a sheet that describes warranty coverage. If you have any more questions you can call the Toyota Customer Service Warrant # 1-800-228-8559.

They can confirm exactly what warranty coverage is associated with your VIN and answer your questions regarding parts failure.

I recently sunk my truck and had to winch out and now it won't turn over and I've exhausted all options within my means and skill-level. Called them and found out that basically as long as I didn't submerge the intake (which I didn't) any failure of engine seals, gaskets, etc. is covered. Now I just need a find a good dealership that won't give me crap and we'll be friends forever.

Products Discussed in

To Top