1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally My Road Armor Bumper!!!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blacked Out TRD, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Oct 10, 2009 at 11:06 AM
    gcwaterski

gcwaterski Well-Known Member

Member:
    I LOVE the stealthy angles of that front bumper. I really really like the Seats. Good job!

2. Oct 10, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    One of my favorite trucks on this site

3. Oct 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    I LOVE your bumper!! Love all the angles on it... Your truck is great, too.

4. Oct 10, 2009 at 3:43 PM
    Faskev

Faskev Well-Known Member

Member:
    Blacked Out TRD's truck finalized my decision to go for this bumper even after being skeptical about the bad rep Road Armor has on the net for taking a long time to come up with the bumpers. I just got a call from the shipping company asking when they can deliver the bumper and I ordered it less than a month ago and I live in Canada. Customer service was great and I would say from my experience these guys have turned their business practice around. I didn't pay the outrageous list price either, if you wait they usually put the bumpers on for around 40% off quite often.

Blacked Out TRD, Your truck is wicked man!

5. Oct 10, 2009 at 4:15 PM
    chach

chach Member

Member:
    It was designed that way for a reason... for all of you guys that think this is "safer" - you ever heard of crumple zones?

6. Oct 10, 2009 at 7:02 PM
    Faskev

Faskev Well-Known Member

Member:
    That's debatable, there aren't any crumple zones in the bumper itself but the truck has been designed to absorb impact using the size/weight/shape/materials of the factory bumper as a variable. Putting on an aftermarket does change this variable and may change how the truck absorbs impact outside of how it was designed. That being said, Toyota has to build these trucks so they can sell them at a reasonable price. They choose materials that perform the best on a certain budget making them not necessarily the absolute safest but safest on a reasonable budget. I'm not saying this bumper is safer but I don't think you can conclude that it isn't safer either until an actual crash test is done!
    The reason for putting on a bumper like this is to increase approach angle, mount a winch, armor for offroading, wildlife..etc., or just for the look. I don't think anyone installs this bumper for the sole purpose of improving safety in a collision.

7. Jun 18, 2014 at 5:13 PM
    Dalton092

Dalton092 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sorry to bring up an old post but how did you get the TRD rims black? And how did they hold up?

Products Discussed in

To Top