1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Some people shouldn't be driving (WARNING: rant)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dwalden2, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Aug 2, 2009 at 10:11 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 [OP] HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    So I pull into Ingles and get out of the truck to go to the ATM and I'm parked behind this girl. I've been parked there for at least a minute and she's sitting in her brand new Nissan Sentra. I go up to the ATM and just happen to turn around and see her backing up. It was slow motion. She nailed the front of my truck. Didn't even turn around to look. Just put it in reverse and hit the gas. Seriously? How freakin retarded do you have to be? She put a small scratch on my bumper, but her bumper had a scratch on it about a foot long. Luckily she wasn't goin fast. But it pisses me off that she would even be so retarded to just back up without even looking. It took everything I had to not cuss her out. Her boyfriend got out of the passenger side and goes "Wow, Laura, You're a dumbass." I was expecting it to be a lot worse when i saw it happening. I just freaking HATE STUPID PEOPLE.:frusty:

2. Aug 2, 2009 at 10:57 AM
    URBIKESUCKS

URBIKESUCKS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Prescott AZ
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD OR
    W/ an I beam front in or steel bum she would have been cryin and you laughing.... they are all over the place theese stupid people you speak of.
    I almost get run over daily on my bike.

3. Aug 2, 2009 at 11:02 AM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    At least her boyfriend Knows what's up.:laugh:

4. Aug 2, 2009 at 11:08 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Can it be any worse than watching two people back into each other? Both "ladies" were opposite of one another and both looked at me stopping, but they never looked in their mirrors. I told my wife... Watch they're going to hit each other. Sure enough they did. Then it occurred to me that I could have honked my horn, but though the latter would be more entertaining.

5. Aug 2, 2009 at 11:15 AM
    Blu08Taco

Blu08Taco Taco™

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    I don't even think it's merely driving. I'm sure the majority of the US population (80-90%) is fucking retarded. Remember that statistic everywhere you go, and you'll be a lot safer.

6. Aug 2, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Before I got my truck, I drove a 97 jetta, 5 speed manual where reverse is to the left of first - you have to push it down and slide it over, and being so old, it didn't shift to reverse easily. Reverse grinds sometimes at a complete stop, I got it second-hand, *shrug*.

That being said, I'm leaving a gas station behind another car. At least, I think he's leaving. He pulls to the exit approx 2-3 car lengths away from the nearest pump, so I'm behind him getting ready to follow him out.

THEN HE BEGINS TO REVERSE WITHOUT LOOKING!?!?!?!?!!? I freak out and begin trying to get out of his way, and in my panic, of course, I stall it for the first time in years. :( I'm honking and yelling and trying to get my car restarted while he's backing up seemingly in slow motion.

He taps my bumper and then finally stops. Turns out its a very old dude, and he gets out and begins yelling at _me_ asking me what the hell i'm doing. At which point everyone else in the gas station starts telling him "Uh, he was yelling to try to get you to stop..." Etc.

I AGREE, PEOPLE WHO DO NOT LOOK BEHIND THEM WHILE BACKING UP DON'T DESERVE LICENSES. <rant off> i'm just happy he didn't hit the damn pump, as he clearly didn't know what he was doing.

7. Aug 2, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 [OP] HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    I agree...but I think your stats may be a little low. I would go 90-98% of the population. Especially around here.

8. Aug 2, 2009 at 11:29 AM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    All of these folks have apparently taken W8N4MUD's custom user title seriously - "Don't look behind you!" :laugh:

People like this are why I drive at least 5-6 car lengths away from the person in front of me and park way in the back of parking lots. If I'm pulling in to get gas and someone else is in a lane (with multiple pumps) I'll head to a different lane or if one's not completely open I'll hit the next station down the road.

Idiots! :annoyed:

9. Aug 2, 2009 at 11:31 AM
    toku58

toku58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    On a Rock in the middle of the Pacific
    Vehicle:
    Mall Crawler!
    21' TRD OffRoad 2" 887 OME on Bilstein 5100's. 285/70R17 General Grabbers G3 17x8.5" Icon TRD wheels (Gun metal gray) 4.75" BS
    make sure you check the Aluminum brace behind your front bumper. that may have gotten bent. ;)

10. Aug 2, 2009 at 11:33 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 [OP] HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    I do that too. This was the 1 freakin time I didn't. Because it was going to take me about 30 seconds to hit the ATM. Won't happen again.

11. Aug 2, 2009 at 11:39 AM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

Member:

Oh, now that just sucks hairy monkey balls! :frusty:

12. Aug 2, 2009 at 12:18 PM
    BUZZ5

BUZZ5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Many
    I normally park way out in any parking lot,at least 10-15 spaces from anyone,but alot of times when I return to my truck some asshole in a heap has parked right beside me.I carry a note pad & pen & always leave them a nice pleasant "kiss my ass,you stupid fucker" note under their wiper.:)

13. Aug 2, 2009 at 12:21 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

Member:

I've often wondered if my Taco has some sort of enhanced gravity field around it for exactly this reason. I'll park 50 yards from the closest car on an aisle that is nowhere near the entrance to wherever I'm going and invariably one or more vehicles are parked next to me when I get back. WTF?

14. Aug 2, 2009 at 12:23 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    I could kill 1/2 of the drivers with 2 signs. DO NO ENTER, and SPEED 40.... theyll go 50mph just because they want to act up and there is no consequence, then do not enter ..... at a cliff, ....more of the "oh yea , watch me"... "i have rights'... "gimmie what i want to death!"
    the Police (band) "packed like lemmings into shiney metal boxes, contestants in a suicidal race...

15. Aug 2, 2009 at 12:25 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    I don't want your car to be lonely :D

Haha only kidding.... pisses me off when they do it as well

16. Aug 2, 2009 at 1:44 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Not that I disagree with you, but why did you park behind a dumb blonde in the first place :) :) LoL To me thats instinct to stay away from ^_^

17. Aug 2, 2009 at 2:06 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    LMAO! That's not what it was intended for, BUT you bring up a good point!

18. Aug 2, 2009 at 3:34 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    YES, it does suck. However, if that's the worst that happens to you in life, you got off easy.

But yes, people do suck.

19. Aug 2, 2009 at 4:34 PM
    cranky

cranky Active Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Double Cab Long Bed
    I've been hit like this before, almost twice. The first time I was in line to enter a self-storage facility with a gate/code entry thingy. The guy in front of me forgets his code throws it into reverse and puts the back of his 92 civic on top of my 01 civic. The next time was at a Del Taco drive thru in El Centro. Damn ford explorer in front of me just throws it in reverse, WTF?! but after the first experience I was quick on the horn and the lady stopped short of hitting me.

20. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    09Yota

09Yota Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Central VA
    Vehicle:
    09 Regular Cab 4x4
    I have a good one... I was sitting at a stoplight from a little country road leading to a big country highway. There was a gas station to my left, a new police charger in front of me, and a mini-van in front of it. The van threw it into reverse, and plowed into the front of the cop. The van pulled into the gas station, with its bumper attached to the push bar on the charger.

*first post*:cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top