Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New 2009 4x4 4cyl 5spd xcab with extras for $23k - deal?

Old 08-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
New 2009 4x4 4cyl 5spd xcab with extras for $23k - deal?

A dealer around here has a 2009 4x4 4 cylinder 5 speed manual access cab with SR5, TRD wheels, and some sort of side rails or steps or something.

I don't want the other add-on crap, but I'm interested in trading up my 5 lug for a good deal, because 2wd is pissing me off.

Dealer said MSRP with options is $27k, which I laughed at. They said they might be able to get it to me OTD for $23k, which should be right around invoice without the options. I was going to offer $22 and see what they can do, but I thought 23 would be a reasonable deal if it included doc fees and other garbage. Thoughts?
Old 08-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
The best quotes I came across for those specs hovered right around $22k. The wheels are about $400 and steps about $300 so $23k OTD sounds decent.

Of course I don't know how much gets added for your local taxes. What's the new car tax rate where you're at?
Old 08-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
carsdirect puts it right at 23700 i think...which is about what i got mine for OTD not including my college grad rebate.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Carsdirect is showing me 1500 for the TRD wheels and 24.7 for the entire truck. And $23k doesn't include tax I don't believe, so I shouldn't have said OTD but rather pre-tax after fees. Are y'all forgetting to toss on the SR5 package maybe?

I live in alabama but the dealer is in tennessee, not sure if i'd pay AL or TN sales tax, I assume TN.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
trd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
trd09's Tacoma Gallery
whatever invoice is minus all applicable rebates. accessories usually don't add much (if any) value to a new car. just tell the dealer you don't care about the wheels etc.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
Offer 22k and if they refuse walk away or go to 22500
Old 08-03-2009, 04:45 AM   #7
22? I'll try. Yeah, although the salesman told me he'd call me back "In a few minutes" and never did. ?!?! Do they not want to sell me a truck or what? This is a great way for me to go someplace else.

And I did tell them I don't care about the add-ons, and it didn't seem to faze them, I guess they're just looking for ways to mark up a truck they can't move.