Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bull Bar

Old 12-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
Bull Bar

wooooo hooooo.... i got my aries bull bar in today and installed..

yeah yeah, i know.... "this thread is worthless without pics"

i'll take some pics in the daylight tomorrow and get 'em on here.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i know someone will still do it, so it may as well be me....haha

and is it SS or black?
Old 12-20-2007, 05:55 PM   #3

Stainless Steal..... got SS nerf bars comming hopefully nxt week so they should compliment one another... i hope so anyway
Old 12-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BOOOOOO...black all the way man.....haha
Old 12-20-2007, 07:31 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Jackson View Post
Stainless Steal..... got SS nerf bars comming hopefully nxt week so they should compliment one another... i hope so anyway

gonna look badass man!! i too have stainless nerf bars and the stainless aries bull bar(no pics yet either of the bull bar)......im kinda lazy as far as getting pics up!!
Old 12-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #6

here are the new pics.... sold my running boards today to pay for the nerf bars, and i kinda like it clean with no nerf bars..... maybe when i get 'em i'll only put one side on, then deside if i'm gonna keep 'em or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Bull Bar-bull1s.jpg   Bull Bar-bull2s.jpg   Bull Bar-bull3s.jpg  
Old 12-21-2007, 03:25 PM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that looks good ! Drive on man !!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #8
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
eh.... Step bars suck.... Bent mine first time off roading. Granted, they saved the rockers from worse damage, but they're still bent and are damn near useless as steps. They don't stick out far enough to get more than my big toe on so I end up stepping over them completely defeating the purpose of getting them... Now I have $300 paperweights I need to take off and replace with sliders. Wish I'd done that the first time around. Kids use them to climb in, but that's about it. They look good, but that's about it. Oh, and that reminds me... Mine rattle so I need to go at them with a wrench and figure out what's loose.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:13 PM   #9

tiger,
you were a little unclear, you were sending me mixed signals. how do you really feel about step bars???
Old 12-21-2007, 04:17 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator

haha...good rant tiger...i'd definately say go w/ sliders. i bought some steps before i thought i would go offroading and have since sold them and bought sliders...still havent finished drilling out the holes for them yet though...lol
Old 12-23-2007, 03:59 PM   #11
shores11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
shores11's Tacoma Gallery
Playin' catch up on the posts these past few days - but HAD to chime in - DAMN! that's fine lookin truck! Got me thinkin' 'bout a bull bar now.

Everyone have a great Christmas!
Old 12-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #12
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
tiger,
you were a little unclear, you were sending me mixed signals. how do you really feel about step bars???
lol

I don't mean to dis, or sound like an ass... It's just I paid $300 for mine and found out the hard way they were a waste of money. I can't use them as steps (the WHOLE reason for buying them), AND they bent. So I can't send them back or sell them unless it's for scrap metal.

They ONLY ones I've seen that would work well for steps are running board or N-Fab's. N-fab's have the step come down and out enough to actually step on, but neither option really protects the rocker panels. Or would let me use my hi-lift.

N-fab step bars:

For what I paid, I could've spent another $200-$300 on a rock solid set from Demello that would just bolt on. Or a DIY set, pay someone to weld them on, and then paint myself for the same price.

Hard lesson to learn and would rather not see someone else go through it.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #13

no prob. it makes me see red when i get excited about buying something, just too find i spent a bunch of money on piece of crap!

my running boards were actually very functional as a step, im hoping the nerf bars are.

i used the running boards as a boost ever since i lifted the truck cuz im what some people commonly refer to as a short fat b@sterd. however, since i've taken the running boards off, i have been managing getting in the truck without any life threating issues, so i may keep 'em off. i dont know, sure does appear higher that way.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #14
Devout Atheist

My wife had back surgery, so I got them more to help her get it. But she ends up stepping over them just like I do. Only thing they are good for now is getting water, mud or snow on our pant legs as we get in.

The also don't stick out enough to stop shopping carts like I had hoped. They are so close that the curve of the doors sticks out further so they hit the doors instead of the step bars.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:09 PM   #15
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck indeed, i have the black aires on mine looks good bro show some picks when you get the side steps.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #16
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
tiger,
ha ha... you funny man !
Old 12-23-2007, 05:42 PM   #17
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin' damn good!
Old 12-23-2007, 06:08 PM   #18

thanks charli.....
by they way, how you liking the lift? i'd go outside every 10 minutes when i first got it just to look at it again!!!
(im down to like once an hour now )

these are the bars i ordered tiger. my brother has similar ones and there is room for more than a big toe. my luck they will be as pratical as yours and i'll be resaling them on ebay.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #19
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Loving the lift! I was laughing at what you posted because it's exactly what I'm doing--I even pulled it out of the garage at one point just to get a better view (not that weird you say?! It's snowing and cold, and I had to bundle up to do it! LOL!)

I have the Toyota tube steps, and in normal clothes I tend to "bypass" them. I mainly got them for "work" clothes because I figured that hiking up my skirt to get into the truck in 3" heels was gonna be problematic-- wouldn't want to embarass myself in front of a student...hehe! I fairly sure that you wouldn't have this particular problem , but you never know when you will need them.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:58 PM   #20
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
I have the Toyota tube steps, and in normal clothes I tend to "bypass" them. I mainly got them for "work" clothes because I figured that hiking up my skirt to get into the truck in 3" heels was gonna be problematic-- wouldn't want to embarass myself in front of a student...hehe! I fairly sure that you wouldn't have this particular problem , but you never know when you will need them.
Well, I'm not so sure after this post:

Quote:
jedi your crazy! tight sweaters suck! they scratch my neck and are just over all uncomfortable.... and g-strigs make me feel like a sinner.... i say 10 hail marry's every time i wear one.