Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front Creaking sound solved

Old 08-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
WV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to behold
WV_Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Front Creaking sound solved

2005 Taco developed a creaking sound in the front area. Progressively got worst till I could not stand to have Stealership screw with it anymore...Thought it was the breaks, wheels, front end...

It was the aluminum front bumper. dropped the alum bumper from the frame(6 nuts 14mm) worked it out from the plastic bumper cover without removing the cover...5 tricky, pry it off the frame bolts, twist it upward and slide it to one end as much as possible then pull it down flexing the plastic bumper cover a bit. The 2 attached brackets (6-14mm nuts)...These 6 nuts were loose or slightly loose. used a 1/2 drive to get more leverage and put it to them....No more annoying squeek/creak crap...
Attached Thumbnails
Front Creaking sound solved-dsc00653.jpg   Front Creaking sound solved-dsc00654.jpg   Front Creaking sound solved-dsc00655.jpg   Front Creaking sound solved-dsc00656.jpg  
Old 08-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent detective work! How many miles did you have on your '05 when the problem started?

I am searching for the cause of the creaking sound coming from the drivers side door sill area on my 09'. I think mine is a week join in the sheet metal. It drives me nuts.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Not a very smart idea to remove that impact bar...
Old 09-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
Not a very smart idea to remove that impact bar...
He removed it to tigten the nuts on the mounting bracket, then reinstalled it.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
He removed it to tigten the nuts on the mounting bracket, then reinstalled it.
oh haha my bad. The way he typed it up made it a little confusing to read.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
oh haha my bad. The way he typed it up made it a little confusing to read.
I thought the same too.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:06 AM   #8
WV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to behold
LOL...No reinstalled it after tightening the 6 bracket bolts........05 had about 30k on it....

The noise is back..................the only thing to do now I think is to have someone weld it up on each bracket and then reinstall back to the frame...........I have 53,000 on it now.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #9
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WV_Tacoma View Post
LOL...No reinstalled it after tightening the 6 bracket bolts........05 had about 30k on it....

The noise is back..................the only thing to do now I think is to have someone weld it up on each bracket and then reinstall back to the frame...........I have 53,000 on it now.
Thanks for letting us know.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #10
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
So anyone else have a creaky front end and come up with a fix?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
Hey, mine still creaking... Mine is the alumimun front bumper. The two parts that extend forward from the long L-R part are bolted together, I tightened mine and they stopped for while...

I am going to pull mine and have someone heli arc the alum(weld it). I am sick of it. I love my truck, but this and the damn front wheel shack SUCKS.

Mine 2005 4door. Pre.

You can pull that alum bumper out with out taking the plasitc bumber off. Can't remmber, but a little tricky.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #12
jimbo808 is on a distinguished road

jimbo808's Tacoma Gallery
mine was doing this i tightened them down and it got rid of it for little while. But it came back, i was thinking of putting rubber washers/bike tire tubing between the bolts. Might as well get a demello bumper to fix this problem .
Old 08-03-2013, 05:31 AM   #13
Tommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tom
Tommiet's Tacoma Gallery
How about using Loctite on the bolts?