1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good price?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rufeecolada, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Aug 4, 2009 at 9:35 AM
    rufeecolada

rufeecolada [OP] Member

Member:
    Im trying to get a v6, dbl cab, 4x4, off road, tow package, mag gray. One dealer in AL quoted me at msrp and he was pretty firm on it, I was stunned... There aren't to many left also in the southeast of these specs. Up in Statesville, NC the guy offered invoice at 29,200 , but since he would have to get it from another dealer it would be 29,594 (said hed loose the holdback. I thought this was a little steep. I was thining more like 28,000. Im also trying to use cashforclunkers, but it is creating so much hype that it is spiking up demand. What do you guys think? Im also thinking of waiting for a few months, and or buying a sportbike or cheap civic. Any help is appreciated.

2. Aug 4, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    MSPR?? errr.... try a diff dealer pr wait for the cash for clunkers thing to go away and you should be able to get one at way under invoice.

3. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:28 PM
    KodiakVA

KodiakVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 XCab Sport BarcelRed
    IMO anything under invoice is good. Especially when they have to go travel to get it for you. That is what they did for me and I got my 09 AC 4x4 Sport for $300 under invoice, 3 weeks ago. It would have been $500 but they had to travel over 100 miles to get it.

2009's are drying up fast and I only had a few to pick from, with what I wanted, and none were local.

4. Aug 4, 2009 at 2:55 PM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    But it's still a 2009... when the 2010's are coming out. Call me crazy, but I'd either expect a DEAL now or wait and pay invoice for a 2010 in a few months; there isn't much reason to get a mediocre deal on last year's model imo. I can't imagine there won't still be cash incentives on 2010's, even with cash for clunkers, car sales are way under par.

I'm in the same boat trying to trade up my 5 lug for a 4wd right now, and running into the same thing, but if I don't get a deal I'm just going to not bother for now.

Products Discussed in

To Top