Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma steering wheel audio question.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:30 AM   #1
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma steering wheel audio question.

New member here.
I need to know the answer to this question:
Are the steering wheel audio controls availabe in a 2WD PreRunner?
The dealers around my location keep telling me that you have to purchase a 4X4 to get that option.
It is printed in the Toyota literature that I have seen as optional for 2007 and 2008 PreRunenr models so I assume that it is possible.
Anyone ever seen them in a 2WD Prerunner?
Old 12-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
bao523 is on a distinguished road
bao523's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2008 dc 2wd prerunner and i have audio controls on my steering wheel
Old 12-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
FireMedic518 is on a distinguished road

FireMedic518's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to FireMedic518
My brother inlaw has it in his double cab TRD sport, which is 2WD.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
its purely an audio option...has nothing to do w/ the drivetrain
Old 12-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
I think the dealer is trying to throw me some BS and sale me what they have on their lot. The dealer is trying to sale me a 4X4 Sport when I don't really want that. I want a 2WD PreRunner with the audio controls on the steering wheel.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdracing5 View Post
I think the dealer is trying to throw me some BS and sale me what they have on their lot. The dealer is trying to sale me a 4X4 Sport when I don't really want that. I want a 2WD PreRunner with the audio controls on the steering wheel.
Stick to your guns, get only what you want. I don't think the 4x4 would be a bad choice, but if it doesn't have the audio, doesn't sound like you would be happy.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:17 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Stick to your guns, get only what you want. I don't think the 4x4 would be a bad choice, but if it doesn't have the audio, doesn't sound like you would be happy.
if he's not gonna be doing too much offroading or visiting up north, there's not really a need for it down in NC...but w/ that being said, offroading/ice/snow its definately a good option. and it does sound like he's trying to offload his inventory.

trdracing: if u cant get what u want there, rick hendrick toyota here in fayetteville usually has about 40 taco's on hand...just fyi
Old 12-23-2007, 12:36 PM   #8
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
if he's not gonna be doing too much offroading or visiting up north, there's not really a need for it down in NC...but w/ that being said, offroading/ice/snow its definately a good option. and it does sound like he's trying to offload his inventory.

trdracing: if u cant get what u want there, rick hendrick toyota here in fayetteville usually has about 40 taco's on hand...just fyi
True that, man do I miss living in the south, we are now experiencing 50 mph gust with rain, thunder, and lots of snow coming tomorrow night, I might have a White Christmas, but then what ? Slick roads, butthead drivers, and more salt to wash off my rig.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:48 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator

if it snowed down here, people would be screwed....drivers down south cant drive when it rains...
Old 12-23-2007, 01:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
if it snowed down here, people would be screwed....drivers down south cant drive when it rains...
Yeah but it would be fun to watch !