Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Extending Warranty

Old 12-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Extending Warranty

Did anybody get the extended warranty? My 06 already has 34,000. It has not had problem one but I drive a lot. How much money is it, do they offer many options?
Old 12-23-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i got it as an option when i bought it, but i'm not sure about cost...i'm wanting to say it was less than 1k
Old 12-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How many miles did it boost you up to ?
Old 12-23-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

7 year/100k miles
Old 12-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
7 year/100k miles
Nice ! I might have to go see what they would charge me.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator

yeah, i know most places actually send u a notice about ur warranty going out. as long as everything is still in good condition, i dont see y they wouldnt let u get it. and i'll definately hit my 100k before the 7 years
Old 12-23-2007, 12:40 PM   #7
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Nice ! I might have to go see what they would charge me.
I extended mine 3 yrs for $200.. I`ll never put the miles on, so I forget that.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by danusa View Post
I extended mine 3 yrs for $200.. I`ll never put the miles on, so I forget that.
Cool, sounds like my kind of budget.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #9
marvin02 is on a distinguished road

marvin02's Tacoma Gallery
See this thread at the Tundra Solutions forum.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
i signed up for the 7 year 100K
(and it will be y years for me)
covers almost everything but plastic and rubber ! ( and i can get a loaner car)

now the dealer quoted me $1.7 K for it
and was a bunch of crap , stuff like for you only just now not if you leave because i like you $1600

and you know another site has a link from a guy that will do it and it is legal!!
( and cheaper)

if you pm me i will send a jpg of his business card and you can talk to him?
if i can't put a jpg in a PM give me a e-mail addy

took about 3 weeks and was at the point of wondering if i had been had , but got the card and info from toyota

i saved several hundred dollars from what my dealer wanted

and you MUST do it before 36K
Cool
Old 12-23-2007, 05:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
concrete jedi
you have PM's blocked or just me blocked
if you want the info then
e-mail me

the.phantom.phixer ampersand gmail.com.exe
no spaces no .exe at the end

that should slow down a spambot a bit
Sorry it's not you, I forgot to turn it off, had another issue elsewhere.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:11 PM   #12
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i got it as an option when i bought it, but i'm not sure about cost...i'm wanting to say it was less than 1k
Jhodge, I'm disappoint that you got sucked into an 1K option but then opinions differ. I wish people understood how underwriters evaluate risk. There is almost no risk on a Toyota for about 100,000 miles.

However, if you were buying a Ford an extended warranty is as important as brakes!
Old 12-23-2007, 06:16 PM   #13
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Sorry it's not you, I forgot to turn it off, had another issue elsewhere.
Oh, so you blocked me off huh? Negative rep for you, Mr. Carolina Alliance.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Oh, so you blocked me off huh? Negative rep for you, Mr. Carolina Alliance.
DOH !
Old 12-23-2007, 06:52 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Jhodge, I'm disappoint that you got sucked into an 1K option but then opinions differ. I wish people understood how underwriters evaluate risk. There is almost no risk on a Toyota for about 100,000 miles.

However, if you were buying a Ford an extended warranty is as important as brakes!
i said less than 1k, doucheweasel. being as how i only paid 24.5k for my truck...less than 1k seems fine to me
Old 12-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #16

I probably get hosed so late in the game, I find out later as long as I don't block everyone out, I'm having a hard time understanding the cpanel
Old 12-23-2007, 07:20 PM   #17

Hey Phantom thanks I really appreciate it, I kind of lean towards the conservative, I am safer with a Toyota than other brands, but truth be told...some decisions I make... well...warranties are good for me.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:00 AM   #18
Born to Ride

Quote:
i said less than 1k....
Rounding it out for accounting purposes . That would buy you a 1000 beers out here .
Old 12-24-2007, 06:19 AM   #19
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm not mistaken....but I remember reading about an $800 extended warrantee being offered from someone on the forums or at a dealer. I can't remember where I saw that. It was a while ago - not sure if it still applies. I'll try to look for it.