Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What oil is the best? (want a PERSONAL response please)

Old 03-12-2008, 07:01 PM   #81
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I change every 5000 miles using Pennzoil Platinum. Yes, I could go longer but one thing many people forget is that you still need to change your filter if you're doing extended OCI's. I also do only local driving which requires a quicker change but it only comes out to 2.5 changes a year, really.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #82
helmuthead is on a distinguished road
helmuthead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
Yeah, I don't see anything on the mobil1 website either. Must be a hoax.

you're avatar is disturbing in many ways
Old 03-12-2008, 10:28 PM   #83
Yeah
willard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud of
Name: Luke
willard417's Tacoma Gallery
i bought the filter that says good for 7500 miles so i was thinking that when i'm going to change.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:17 AM   #84
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
My dealer calls or emails me with a reminder that I may be due for an oil change at approx 5K.
Every knowledgeable mechanic suggests that the oil changed before 6K, some people like to do it at 3K, to me its a waste to change syn oil at that low mileage but thats up to the individual, I don't see the gain in less engine wear by changing at 3K vs 5K.
The key is frequent oil changes w/filter. Good regular maint is the key.
Lots of car enthusiasts like to work on their cars every weekend as a hobby, so its more likely they will change the oil more frequently as part of this routine.

Jeff 06,V6, 6spd, 4x4, Radiant Red , bone stock still.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:33 AM   #85
Axeman71 is on a distinguished road

Axeman71's Tacoma Gallery
Royal Purple Synthetic. Use it in the old Nova and 2 Harleys as well. Great stuff.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #86
Raptorf229 is on a distinguished road
Raptorf229's Tacoma Gallery
amsoil definitely

If anyone wants to get amsoil delivered to their door they can go to this site which directs you straight to the amsoil store with the dealer number already in.

www.oilaces.com

If you just go to amsoil's site and try to buy stuff it will ask for a dealer number at checkout.

If you have any questions let me know.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:00 AM   #87
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
I change every 5000 miles using Pennzoil Platinum. Yes, I could go longer but one thing many people forget is that you still need to change your filter if you're doing extended OCI's. I also do only local driving which requires a quicker change but it only comes out to 2.5 changes a year, really.

I intend to do a 5K oil change as well. I'm sure the OIL will last longer as advertised for extended changes.

But, I think that it's the additive package that wears out sooner than the oil.