Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Real World MPG

Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
Goroad1 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Goroad1's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Real World MPG

09' Dblcab TRD Off Road 4x2-No Mods (yet)-Adult Driven....

For those of you trying to make a new vehicle decision based on MPG.
(my other car (now wifes) 05' Acura TL would get 23MPG under the same conditons, I don't miss it at all)

1st Tank
19.7 MPG-315 Miles-16 Gallons-Mix of Highway, Local, Commuting and Errands. (fuel guage was below 1/4 Tank)

2nd Tank
20.7 MPG-375 Miles- 18.0 Gallons-Mix of Highway, Local, Commuting and Errands. (fuel guage was below E)
Attached Thumbnails
Real World MPG-july-09069.jpg  
Old 08-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I definitely don't get that good of gas. I do have 4x4 though. I see highs of 18-19 usually.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
AngryTacoma
#Reistlehr- is on a distinguished road
#Reistlehr-'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to #Reistlehr- Send a message via MSN to #Reistlehr- Send a message via Yahoo to #Reistlehr-
my average is 17.. 18.. once in a hile 20 depending on my driving style. most of my driving is highway.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Warrant Officer
Name: Peter
WoadWunner's Tacoma Gallery
I am averaging 21 mpg in Canada. It is mixed highway and city. We also have a slightly larger gallon then you do in the USA. My best is 31 mpg and my worst is 17.4 mog.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
AngryTacoma
Send a message via AIM to #Reistlehr- Send a message via MSN to #Reistlehr- Send a message via Yahoo to #Reistlehr-
omg.. if canada has a bigger gallon, and still pays 2.60 a gallon, im going to smack someone.. uncool. 31mpg lol unheard of in the states..
Old 08-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #7
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
its only gas, I dont pay it much attention. I bought the truck to drive and thats what i do. When it hits E I fill it back to F. If i was going to worry about gas milage I would have bought a SMART car or some type of hybrid.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #8
WoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWoadWunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Warrant Officer
Name: Peter
WoadWunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Reistlehr- View Post
omg.. if canada has a bigger gallon, and still pays 2.60 a gallon, im going to smack someone.. uncool. 31mpg lol unheard of in the states..
Gas is currently $5.00 a gallon up here. Don't bitch at $2.60.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:34 AM   #9
AngryTacoma
lol i take that back.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
Specs to the side, 4x4 DC

I've only filled it up twice but

On the dealer filled tank with alot of highway (going between 70-80 MPH) I got 20.41 MPG.

On the second tank with more city and hilly highway I got 19.62 MPG.

On the third now with mostly city, not sure how it'll be.

I been driving her pretty easy though...

Gas here last time I filled was 2.29 per gallon (southern VA).
Old 08-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #11
toast is on a distinguished road
toast's Tacoma Gallery
Last tank, I'm up to 9k on my 09 AC Prerunner 4L

24MPG! Looks like after break in I am seeing much better MPG.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #12
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
My reg cab 4wd is getting 19 in town, 26 overall on freeway. I dont worry about gas price , but i find it a bit fun to challenge myself to improve mpg. Since my last freeway trips, I've done full synthetics, cruise mod and pulled 2nd filter, so i currently have no idea where it'll be.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #13
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
i got a record best of 18.8 mpg and i am satisfied with that, although i find it very hard not to do 75 - 80 in my 07 v6sr5trdsport. the truck just wants to move. prob gonna do some flowmasters dually's and eventually a supercharger. if i wanted good mpg, i would have gotten an augly as hell prius PRIUS. PLEASE, REALLY ITS UGLY SHIT. even with just stock pipes, you can hear it really wants to purr, why not unleash the beast, fuck driving miss daisy around. i have my motorycyle when i wanna be gas conscience, that gives me about 60mpg. tyou cant have a mean truck if you worry about mpg all thetime.. i hope you guys gettin "good" mpg at least rip on it and use it for something fun. i mean if you died today, wouldnt' have liked to known the power of rippint he gas in first or second on a turn, spinnin the tires and fish tailin a little bit... that shit is great.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #14
PIZZLE will become famous soon enough

PIZZLE's Tacoma Gallery
Averaging about 15MPG all around with my lift and 35's... I might re-gear to hopefully re-coop some MPG's..... Estimate was $2000.00 though, that's half the cost of a TRD Supercharger!!
Old 08-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #15
Resident Canuck
HwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to all

HwyRogue's Tacoma Gallery
gas, shmas... when it's empty, I fill'er up! Never did care about the mpg - besides, who buys a truck for fuel economy?
Old 08-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #17
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
speed lmt here is 65, I'll go 70 75 like everyone else at times, keeping pace n getting around.I just choose to leave early and see the sights when im on a road trip, can see bighorn sheep even. If i "died tomorrow" Ive driven planty of 250-350 hp cars , its fun , i'll take my hiking n skiing , i bought a 4cylinder, no need to let err rip. Your toyota and mine use em as you see fit. All mine does is drive snow, skiing, gravel roads n such. A lift kit would be interesting, i thought about getting billy 5100s, they wouldnt really do me any good.
All the stuff you mentioned is been there n done that to me. Its still good, I simply found myself doin more biking on or off road, hiking, and skiing. Do what you want by all means, but other people dont have to be like you or "dont get it" because they not doing that.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #18
Resident Canuck
HwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to all

HwyRogue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I worry ALOT about the gas prices, because I know that the more money I spend on gas, the less I'll have to take a date out on a Friday night.
Go dutch..pack a lunch... if she's worth marryin' she better be able to cook - remember to try before you buy

(phhbt.. don't complain about your gas prices, come north of the border if you want a real shock! Roughly $3.63USD/gallon)
Old 08-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #19
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I dont really worry about gas...sometimes I like to try and get good milage but i forget, ive never tested it actually....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I worry ALOT about the gas prices, because I know that the more money I spend on gas, the less I'll have to take a date out on a Friday night.
whos the new boyfriend?
Old 08-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #20
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyRogue View Post
Go dutch..pack a lunch... if she's worth marryin' she better be able to cook - remember to try before you buy

(phhbt.. don't complain about your gas prices, come north of the border if you want a real shock! Roughly $3.63USD/gallon)

Yeah, it's $2.50 here, but I'll still bitch about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTacoma View Post
I dont really worry about gas...sometimes I like to try and get good milage but i forget, ive never tested it actually....

whos the new boyfriend?

You told me you were going to be there! You weren't supposed to let out OUR secret.