Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fair Price for Bilstein 5100 + Install

Old 08-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
28Gauge's Tacoma Gallery
Fair Price for Bilstein 5100 + Install

What is a fair price for a pair of Bilstein 5100's purchased and installed the front on my 2006 DC PreRunner? I am wanting to level out my truck. Today, I was quoted $650 for parts, labor and alignment by 4 Wheel Parts. I'm new to this sort of thing and I am trying to get an idea of what is a descent deal.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
front and back or just fronts? Looks like $200 for the front and the rest is labor. Add another $100 for the rear shocks.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
just the front?
Old 08-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Are you comfortable with easy mechanical projects and have a few hours to do it? You can do everything yourselve VIA the great write ups on here. You will just have to take the coil and shock to be assembled, then everything else is bolt on!
Old 08-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
He said Pair of shocks to level his truck so I assume just fronts
Old 08-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, $650 is a rip. I got Bilstein 5100s for the front of my Tacoma from Down South Motorsports for under $180 installed them myself and had the alignment done for $50. So all said and done if cost me about $230.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
Yeah, $650 is a rip. I got Bilstein 5100s for the front of my Tacoma from Down South Motorsports for under $180 installed them myself and had the alignment done for $50. So all said and done if cost me about $230.
'
Good point I forgot to include the alignment
Old 08-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #9
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
complete rip off. IMO
buy them from downsouth and install yourself. not a hard task. plenty of how to's on here man
Old 08-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #10
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
i sent a PM with some more info for you!
Old 08-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #11
28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
28Gauge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysrt2004 View Post
complete rip off. IMO
buy them from downsouth and install yourself. not a hard task. plenty of how to's on here man
I think you are right. I should just do it myself. $650 sounded kind of steep to me, but I just wanted to make sure. It's been 25 years since I had any interest in doing any sort of mods to a vehicle and I had not kept up with the prices of off road parts and labor.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #12
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28Gauge View Post
I think you are right. I should just do it myself. $650 sounded kind of steep to me, but I just wanted to make sure. It's been 25 years since I had any interest in doing any sort of mods to a vehicle and I had not kept up with the prices of off road parts and labor.

Thanks for everyone's help.
be sure so take some before and after pics

Goodluck man!
Old 08-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #14
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
You can get front and rear for $300.

Try to get some buddies to install them with you and make a day out of it.