1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For the Newbies/inexperienced:

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by roxspin72, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Aug 8, 2009 at 6:25 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 [OP] Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    I must say, Im all about helping out, and even learning. But with all the great feedback this site has offered to members, myself included; how is it that the same thread can be created over & over & over :eek:

Check it out:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/11844-headers-comparison.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/45587-dt-long-tube-vs-dt-shortie-headers.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/40181-headers.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/40909-better-headers-4-0-a.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/40215-doug-thorley-vs-jba.html

LMFAO... All these threads were just on the home page as went back and forth to cut and paste. And there are more.

I propose a Red Flag for repetitive post of recently posted topics.

In my line of work, if the newbie does something dumd, or just does it for the first time we call them on it; and that's a Case of Beer... LOL...

Not to bash anyone. These topics are ultimately helpful. But, let's do our part in searching and then if need more info, ask the needed info on current created threads.:rolleyes:

Just a thought, now I will just shut up:confused:

2. Aug 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Quick, someone start a dino vs. synthetic thread.

3. Aug 8, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    This is a Repost. :p

4. Aug 8, 2009 at 6:32 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Done. :cool:

5. Aug 8, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Do a search next time, Roxspin.

6. Aug 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    Blu08Taco

Blu08Taco Taco™

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    Should create a Tacoma World wiki. Keep things better organized than a forum search.

7. Aug 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM
    roxspin72

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!

Where's that option again? :eek:

:D

8. Aug 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    Hey Wilson, tell me again ,did the tsb leafsprings go up front?

Re-repeated repetitivly topics could they be grouped, maybe, like: "4cyl" "2nd gen taco" thus you would get "Headers/exhaust(and other hot air)" "slick talk about oils" "t.s.b alert... spring into action" etc

9. Aug 8, 2009 at 6:50 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    i've got something planned based on the thread mike started here

10. Aug 8, 2009 at 6:56 PM
    roxspin72

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!

Thank you Sir...

But my intent was mainly to let new folks know that I dont mind the occassional PM. Just rather 1 on 1 info sharing rather than cluttering up the Forum...

11. Aug 8, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    I dont know the number of stages you go through in forum surfing, none of the repeat topics peave me (yet), but i feel like i could do the proper lift including uca's by now just from all the threads....and i have no intent to lift my truck.:eek:

12. Aug 8, 2009 at 9:21 PM
    otter

otter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    MI
    Vehicle:
    09 4 cyl Reg Cab
    It's an online forum. People will never search and threads will be repeated 10000x. It's just the way things are.

13. Aug 8, 2009 at 9:28 PM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    You mean there is a search function on this!! Cool!! LOL!!

14. Aug 8, 2009 at 10:52 PM
    A.D.

A.D. Desert Riding Ninja

Member:
    SoC♠l 4 life but stationed in Utah
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    Some people are just not that good at searching, I happen to be one of them, I can spend all day trying to find something on the internet and my buddy could find it in 10 secs using the right keywords. Yeah it clutters up the boards, but this is an online community and in communities sometimes there are people that don't get things and ask the same questions other people have before. Plus people come here to ask these questions because alot of the other forums have gotten overridden by Nazi's about using the search button, and they are afraid to ask the questions anywhere else. I have included a good link that might help if it was sent to all new members when they first sign up in a PM, you know, like the welcome to the foum email that gets sent out.

How to search!

15. Aug 9, 2009 at 1:12 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Laugh...

You must be new yourself. :p:p:p

If you've been in & around these forums for as long as I have - you'd already know that people don't know how to use the search button. Sometimes - I think people wanna post 'something' and make conversation because they don't know how else to get involved. They're not good at searching or just want that 'personal' touch rather than looking/reading past information.

That'll never change - so get used to it.

16. Aug 9, 2009 at 5:09 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Actually some of us do use the search feature, quite well, to look up information. The past two days I have gathered a lot of information on intermittent wipers, cruise control, fog lights, bug deflectors and hooking up an XM radio.

It is proper forum etiquette to post a link to the topic in a new thread that references the old topic as to not bring topics back from the dust bin. Another positive aspect of this procedure is that if there is any new information it would be posted in the new thread.

After all one of the main features of a forum is members helping members.

17. Aug 9, 2009 at 7:24 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I don't think Roxspin was actually complaining, Just bringing this to light in hopes we find a better way to assist the new members. When I have a repetitive question that just doesn't seem to get answered in the older threads I PM one of the involved individuals my exact question. Once I get a satisfactory answer I go and post it up on one of the older threads giving credit to whom ever helped me.

18. Aug 9, 2009 at 7:29 AM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    As usual, this topic brings out the

[​IMG]

19. Aug 9, 2009 at 7:37 AM
    roxspin72

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Very well said...

Thanks.

20. Aug 9, 2009 at 2:19 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    I'm slow on searches i figure, i type slow, misspell, so i try harder. I was wondering if you could do swaps on the wipers(aka wiper mod) and eventually got me to these forums. I found on my own its been done and then some. So no hard reasearch for me. My point is we should help , its our part. Theirs may be to slow down ,search first (1 day?), then ask.

Products Discussed in

To Top