Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

For the Newbies/inexperienced:

Old 08-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
For the Newbies/inexperienced:

I must say, Im all about helping out, and even learning. But with all the great feedback this site has offered to members, myself included; how is it that the same thread can be created over & over & over

Check it out:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...omparison.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-headers.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...1-headers.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ers-4-0-a.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...ey-vs-jba.html

LMFAO... All these threads were just on the home page as went back and forth to cut and paste. And there are more.

I propose a Red Flag for repetitive post of recently posted topics.

In my line of work, if the newbie does something dumd, or just does it for the first time we call them on it; and that's a Case of Beer... LOL...

Not to bash anyone. These topics are ultimately helpful. But, let's do our part in searching and then if need more info, ask the needed info on current created threads.

Just a thought, now I will just shut up
Old 08-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Quick, someone start a dino vs. synthetic thread.
This is a Repost.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quick, someone start a dino vs. synthetic thread.
Done.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
Taco™
Blu08Taco is on a distinguished road

Blu08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Should create a Tacoma World wiki. Keep things better organized than a forum search.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:43 PM   #7
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Do a search next time, Roxspin.

Where's that option again?

Old 08-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #8
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Wilson, tell me again ,did the tsb leafsprings go up front?

Re-repeated repetitivly topics could they be grouped, maybe, like: "4cyl" "2nd gen taco" thus you would get "Headers/exhaust(and other hot air)" "slick talk about oils" "t.s.b alert... spring into action" etc
Old 08-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #9
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
i've got something planned based on the thread mike started here
Old 08-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #10
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
i've got something planned based on the thread mike started here

Thank you Sir...

But my intent was mainly to let new folks know that I dont mind the occassional PM. Just rather 1 on 1 info sharing rather than cluttering up the Forum...
Old 08-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #11
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I dont know the number of stages you go through in forum surfing, none of the repeat topics peave me (yet), but i feel like i could do the proper lift including uca's by now just from all the threads....and i have no intent to lift my truck.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #12
otter is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
otter's Tacoma Gallery
It's an online forum. People will never search and threads will be repeated 10000x. It's just the way things are.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #14
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Some people are just not that good at searching, I happen to be one of them, I can spend all day trying to find something on the internet and my buddy could find it in 10 secs using the right keywords. Yeah it clutters up the boards, but this is an online community and in communities sometimes there are people that don't get things and ask the same questions other people have before. Plus people come here to ask these questions because alot of the other forums have gotten overridden by Nazi's about using the search button, and they are afraid to ask the questions anywhere else. I have included a good link that might help if it was sent to all new members when they first sign up in a PM, you know, like the welcome to the foum email that gets sent out.

How to search!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:12 AM   #15
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Laugh...

You must be new yourself.

If you've been in & around these forums for as long as I have - you'd already know that people don't know how to use the search button. Sometimes - I think people wanna post 'something' and make conversation because they don't know how else to get involved. They're not good at searching or just want that 'personal' touch rather than looking/reading past information.

That'll never change - so get used to it.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:09 AM   #16
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Actually some of us do use the search feature, quite well, to look up information. The past two days I have gathered a lot of information on intermittent wipers, cruise control, fog lights, bug deflectors and hooking up an XM radio.

It is proper forum etiquette to post a link to the topic in a new thread that references the old topic as to not bring topics back from the dust bin. Another positive aspect of this procedure is that if there is any new information it would be posted in the new thread.

After all one of the main features of a forum is members helping members.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #17
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think Roxspin was actually complaining, Just bringing this to light in hopes we find a better way to assist the new members. When I have a repetitive question that just doesn't seem to get answered in the older threads I PM one of the involved individuals my exact question. Once I get a satisfactory answer I go and post it up on one of the older threads giving credit to whom ever helped me.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:37 AM   #19
Enjoying my addiction

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I don't think Roxspin was actually complaining, Just bringing this to light in hopes we find a better way to assist the new members. When I have a repetitive question that just doesn't seem to get answered in the older threads I PM one of the involved individuals my exact question. Once I get a satisfactory answer I go and post it up on one of the older threads giving credit to whom ever helped me.
Very well said...

Thanks.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #20
senile member

I'm slow on searches i figure, i type slow, misspell, so i try harder. I was wondering if you could do swaps on the wipers(aka wiper mod) and eventually got me to these forums. I found on my own its been done and then some. So no hard reasearch for me. My point is we should help , its our part. Theirs may be to slow down ,search first (1 day?), then ask.