1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sunruner returns again.........

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sunruner19, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Aug 11, 2009 at 6:52 AM
    sunruner19

sunruner19 [OP] Senior Senile Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Great Sacandaga Lake region Northville NY, South Y
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4WD
    supercharger, ARE series 2 lid.
    I decided this morn what mods I am going to do. The best deals I got so far are not from my dealership even though I have bought over 8 cars from them in the past 2 years. So I am dealing with Sparks Toyota down in South Carolina, unless someone knows of a better deal elsewhere.
    TRD SC $3460.75 PTR29-35090 SUPERCHARGER 6.0 HRS LABOR
    fit kit 338.12 PTR29-35091
    EX LB 475.66 00016-35600 CAT BACK LWB SYSTEM
    HDRS 309.00 THY-515 SHORT HEADERS
    UPS SHIPPING 135.90
    TOYTEC LIFT
    SUSP 1149.99 ULTAC-2005 3" LIFT KIT UNDECIDED YET

The wood bed sounds interesting but I am also considering a polished aluminum bed with stained wood between the strips of aluminum, sorta like reversed of what you see on a wood bed.
    This is going to be a working truck and not a garage queen. I plan on using it to trailer the Solstice to car shows as well as get me around in the winter. However, like my other cars, it will never see a Walmart parking lot, or Sullivan County NY in the summertime.

2. Aug 15, 2009 at 8:14 PM
    sunruner19

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4WD
    The Tacoma gets the supercharger and the exhaust system this week. Next month, I am going to have the 3" lift kit installed that I got from Toytec. I decided to keep the original wheels, but will go a tad bigger on the tires. Just havent decided on what kind of tire yet.

I will try and take photos of the install at the dealership if possible.

3. Aug 15, 2009 at 8:29 PM
    chiefridr

chiefridr I don't want a large farva!

Member:
    Carrollton, TX
    Vehicle:
    16 DCTRDOR
    Dude, I'm dying to know what you do for a living to afford all these toys, and to just GIVE your girlfriend a car.

Yet no motorcycles! What's up with that?

4. Aug 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM
    sunruner19

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4WD
    There is a motor cross bike in the garage, just havent taken a pic of it. She rides that, while I ride the razor s up the mountain trails here. I myself have a fear of motorcycles since my oldest sons accident on one. As far as affording all this, I worked very hard all my life and now I am retired, and enjoying what I didnt have. Now I have a question for you. How come I see the avatar that you have, being used by other people in this forum. Who is that couple?
    IMGP1760_51baab77e12399db88e0bf83eb7bb0d66faecda7.jpg

5. Aug 15, 2009 at 8:47 PM
    aces2

aces2 Senior Arshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Flowmaster 40, K&N CAI, RED brake light bulbs, BHLM, Rear dif breather line, Factory Skidplate painted BLACK, DRL's, YELLOW bulbs in Fogs Turn Signals and Marker lights, Custom "Toy Machine" center emblem, Sockmonkey "Nor-Cal" decals all BLACK, Redline tailgate damper and hood sruts, Painted steering wheel emblem BLACK, 12V always on, Foglight mod, 16" Pro-Comp 7089 rims BLACK powdercoated acorn lugnuts, BFG KM2's 285-75-16, Painted exhaust pipe BLACK, BLACK emblems all the way around, Rear BLACK bumper from base model, Radical RED "sport" grille-surround, Factory Toyota Bed extender, RED maglight mounted on each seat's side, TRD ball-type shift knob, Custom mounted Scangauge II under stereo, Aftermarket HU, Hardwired Garmin GPS 260W, TSB w/AAL and 2.5" 5100's, Weathertech floor liners, Removed front mud flaps, 95-04 "4WD" rear mudflaps, 3rd Brake light "TACO", BLACK front lip
  6. Aug 15, 2009 at 8:48 PM
    chiefridr

chiefridr I don't want a large farva!

Member:
    Carrollton, TX
    Vehicle:
    16 DCTRDOR
    That's the way to do it! Congrats on entering into the good life!

7. Aug 15, 2009 at 8:50 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Ghost96Romeo What is the Search Tab for????

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness
    I think I'm going to like having you here again. Actually I'm going to be up in NY next Wed., so if you need me to put some mileage on ANY of those vehicles, I'd be happy to help. :D :thumbsup:

8. Aug 15, 2009 at 8:52 PM
    sunruner19

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4WD
    How come everyone has the same avatar, lol?
    Your more than welcome to come up here.

9. Aug 15, 2009 at 8:54 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Welcome back! And VERY nice vehicles. :thumbsup:

Also, thank you for your service in the Armed Forces. :)

10. Aug 15, 2009 at 8:54 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Ghost96Romeo What is the Search Tab for????

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness
    Pm'd

11. Aug 15, 2009 at 9:01 PM
    sunruner19

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4WD
    I just got the answer to my question, thank you

12. Aug 15, 2009 at 9:20 PM
    Canadianboy

Canadianboy Taco love in East Van

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport S/B 4x4 Auto in Mag Grey
    Icon Stage 3, Goodyear Duratracs and KMC Addicts!
    Man you have a lot of cars! Just curious, what do you do for work?

EDIT: What did you do for work? (retired)

13. Aug 16, 2009 at 3:07 AM
    sunruner19

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4WD
    I worked most of my life in the automotive trade, starting out at the very bottom and worked up to a master mechanic (not a tech) I quit professionally when cars became nothing more than a Dell on wheels. Became a parts manager for about 10 years then quit the profession totally. Worked in the retail business putting together display setups for new stores, which paid extemely well, and involved extensive travel thru the northeast. (which I loved)
    When I got close to retirement, I wanted my last job to be the most enjoyable. I got hired by a yet to be built Toyota dealership in charge of detailing on new cars only. I had a crew of 3 working with me. It turned out to be one of the best jobs I ever had other than the one I stared with.

I got injured on the job back in the late 80's and was out of work for 6 years. I finally settled with the assholes (I wont actually print what I think of them in here) and put that money where it would grow. It did until last Sept when I realized the market was going to be worthless so I got out.

I do not recommend getting injured on the job to make money, as those that do expeience this will agree with me, comp makes it a living hell.

14. Aug 16, 2009 at 4:29 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Great to see you back sunruner. Great looking collection, and I like that you have a place for each. Can't wait to see the transformation of the Taco.

I see you got an answer to the avatar pic question, check out my sig for some links if you want to read more.:)

15. Aug 19, 2009 at 5:01 AM
    sunruner19

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4WD
    All the parts came in yesterday at the dealership, but I discovered a glitch. While checking out everything, I discovered that the headers are for a 3.4L. Mine is a 4.0l and these will not fit. This was clearly marked on the outside of the box in BIG LETTERS, but no one noticed that when it came in. We called TRD and they said they do not make headers for the 4.0l, so I asked, why do you not state that in your listings, Your parts listing says 2005 and up, and does not clearly state anywhere they will not fit the 4.0L. Well, the girl I was talking to, was totally clueless and I told her to take these headers back without charging us for it. She didnt know how to handle that, nor get us someone on the phone who could. What is up with that?????
    I know there are aftermarket headers available, but I would rather have them from Toyota direct for warranty purposes.

I know for a fact that the parts were ordered correctly cause I was inside the parts room going over everything. We ordered by vin number, and the header info should have stated that there were no headers available for the 09 v6 from TRD or Toyota.

Anyways, the supercharger gets installed this Thurs along with the TRD exhaust. We shall see how it turns out, cause I am going to watch this being installed.

16. Aug 19, 2009 at 2:50 PM
    sunruner19

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4WD
    The dealership decided to start on it today instead of tomorrow. Here are a few pics of the install.
    The first pic shows the intake removed, new plugs, and new injectors installed.
    [​IMG]
    The second pic shows the supercharger with the cover removed, ready to be installed. Thats the service manager
    [​IMG]
    The third pic shows the water cooled intercooler which sits inside the supercharger
    [​IMG]
    Fourth pic shows the entire unit on the engine 3 hours into the install.
    [​IMG]

More pics tomorrow of the final install. The exhaust system gets installed tomorrow also.

The installation on my 08 Tundra took 15 hours. On the Tacoma, it should be finished in 6 hours.

17. Aug 19, 2009 at 5:28 PM
    HwyRogue

HwyRogue Resident Canuck

Member:
    Halifax, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport 4x4
    Arctic bull bar, hitch step, side bars (All by Avid Off Road!), BHLM, eye lids....
  18. Aug 24, 2009 at 4:54 AM
    sunruner19

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4WD
    The install is done, just running the reg fuel low on the tank so i can put in the ethanol free premium. Also waiting for the CAI to come in along with the new exhaust, and then we shall see what this really can do! Its not going to be as fast as my Tundra, but judging by other installs, it should be a big improvement over stock. The real test will be when I tow my Solstice up to the Cape in Sept.

19. Aug 24, 2009 at 5:14 AM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    Sweet dude! Sounds like ur starting to miss ur tundra

20. Aug 24, 2009 at 5:51 AM
    TRDPyrite09

TRDPyrite09 function & form

Member:
    Houston, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Pyrite Mica TRD Sport DC SB 4x4
    check my sig for mod list and build thread

very nice! one day i will have a garage and driveway full of toys similar to yours. my favorite is the challenger, although i prob wouldve gotten a SRT8 in white or that rare bright blue color they have. what do you do for a living?

Products Discussed in

To Top