Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looking for a anti-theft tailgate device...

Old 08-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
Taco Lover is on a distinguished road
Taco Lover's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a anti-theft tailgate device...

Is there something I can put on my tailgate besides a Pop n Lock? Thanks
Old 08-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
check this out

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...w-prevent.html
Old 08-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
PopnLock and tailgate hose clamp are your options. Well, you could park a Rotweiler in the bed but that would be inhumane.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Pop & Lock,
Dynolock,
Hose Clamp Mod,
Gate Keeper.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
PopnLock and tailgate hose clamp are your options. Well, you could park a Rotweiler in the bed but that would be inhumane.
yeah or adding a hard tonneau too, but thats expensive....
Old 08-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
Taco Lover is on a distinguished road
Taco Lover's Tacoma Gallery
It doesn't get much easier than that. You are the man! Thanks
Old 08-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #7
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
yeah or adding a hard tonneau too, but thats expensive....
True. I assumed he wanted more affordable options since he mentioned PnP.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
The E-Z clamp on the hinge is a brilliant idea. A thief would probably not spend a whole lot of time trying to figure it out & give up on it pretty quick--At least it's a good deterrent. Cheap too.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #9
Old Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old Soul's Tacoma Gallery
wal mart does not carry the ez clamp anymore. other than the internet not sure where else to get them
Old 08-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #11

I think autozone has them
Old 08-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #12
Old Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Hose clamp mod is the best bet for what you're looking for.

I think the ez clamp has a non standard sized bolt head so it makes it harder for a prepared ( he knew he was gonna be doing it ) thief who may have standard sized wrenches and such in their pocket.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:56 AM   #13
KodiakVA is on a distinguished road
KodiakVA's Tacoma Gallery
eordonez is right about Autozone. That is where I bought mine. I could not find them at a Walmart so I started to scoure the auto parts stores. Nobody had them till I went to Autozone. Sprayed mine a close match to the Barcelona Red and you can't even see it unless you look closely. Good deterrent.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:20 AM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Clamps + popnlock for the cheap keep!
Old 08-11-2009, 05:24 AM   #15
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Damn, Beat me to it.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:12 AM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soul View Post
I think the ez clamp has a non standard sized bolt head so it makes it harder for a prepared ( he knew he was gonna be doing it ) thief who may have standard sized wrenches and such in their pocket.
Correct. The EZ clamp has a 5 point head, and comes with a special tool used for removal. No socket or wrench will fit it.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:45 AM   #17
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
I spent days trying to find e-z clamps at various hardware stores & department stores--No luck. Then I tried Autozone and they had them right up front on the counter next to the cash register.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #18
Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in
Buzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud of

Buzzoff's Tacoma Gallery
I used 2 gun locks...here's the link

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...urity-mod.html

Also you could go to Walmart and buy a bike lock/chain
Old 08-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #19
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakVA View Post
eordonez is right about Autozone. That is where I bought mine. I could not find them at a Walmart so I started to scoure the auto parts stores. Nobody had them till I went to Autozone. Sprayed mine a close match to the Barcelona Red and you can't even see it unless you look closely. Good deterrent.

Good thinking with the paint! I just used a standard hose clamp and rotated it so the head is against metal. It was very tight and not easy to rotate. Since then, I have been unable to rotate it back (probably settled into the paint a bit).

But it is very noticeable. If I get motivated one day, I may pull it off and replace with a painted EZ Clamp.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #20
Kylie's dad

FYI: If you're doing the hose clamp, put something underneath so you don't scratch the shit out of the paint. I cut out a piece from a plastic bucket that a half gallon of strawberries came in (seriously).