Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota case managers

Old 08-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
thomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the rough
Army:
thomasr1950's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Toyota case managers

Has anyone had any dealings with a case manager? I've had a vibration with my truck since i bought it. The selling dealer has done a wheel balance, then a rotation& road force balance, i still have an issue. Now the dealer said they used the wrong adapter. I'm unable to call the dealer due to my work schedule, i tried to set up an appt. on a Sat. but they won't check it out on Sat. I received a voice mail from them telling me about the adapter, bring it back a 3rd time. I don't want to go back to this dealer, it's an hours drive, time & gas on my part & the scheduling issue. I contacted Toyota & had a case mgr. involved, their saying i have to take it back to the dealer that did the work. If i take it to another Toyota dealer i may have to pay a diagnostic fee. I told them i shouldn't have to pay anything. Their customer relations manager doesn't return calls, Toyota says there is nothing they can/will do. I'm dissapointed in the service after the sale. The dealer & Toyota are both about to loose a customer. I love my truck but i want service after the sale & Toyota to back me up. What do other Tacoma owner suggest i do? I'm about ready to pay for a road balance out of my pocket but if it's a tire/wheel issue then Toyota won't back me up since a Toyota dealer didn't do the work
Old 08-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Check your state's lemon law very carefully. They usually have provisions for both "time out of service" (time that it spends in the service department instead of in your posession) and for repeat attempts to repair the same problem.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Check your state's lemon law very carefully. They usually have provisions for both "time out of service" (time that it spends in the service department instead of in your posession) and for repeat attempts to repair the same problem.
Definitely! X2!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
If you have a Discount Tire (or it's other names, america's tire ect), talk to the store manager and they'll do the road force test on the tires. If it's determined they're out of spec (like mine were), they won't charge for it, and you'll get a credit on your rubbers toward some new tread. Once I swapped out for the BFG AT KO's, most of the issues went away, as much as can be expected with an AT tire at least.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #6
TacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to beholdTacoOwner? is a splendid one to behold
Name: Joshua
TacoOwner?'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Definitely! X2!
Yes. Let us know what happens?
Old 08-13-2009, 02:55 AM   #7
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
If it is a tire issue then check into having them replaced under the tire manufacturers warranty. Take it to any reputable tire company that sells that brand and they will know who the warranty works and get it straightened out for you.
Tire warranty is seperate than your truck warranty, check your paperwork from the dealer and there should be a pamplet specific to the tires. If you don't have the paperwork then check the manufacturers website, it will have their warranty info.
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfg/tireWarranty.do
http://www.dunloptires.com/dunlop/warranty.pdf
If its not the tires then good luck at the dealer and you will probably have to go along with what the Toyota people say unless it falls under the lemon law in your state.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:33 AM   #8
dalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dalsmthme's Tacoma Gallery
I have been going down this path for 3 months. I am finally to the point where Toyota is putting tires of my choice on the truck.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:49 AM   #9
thomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the rough
Army:
thomasr1950's Tacoma Gallery
How were you able to get Toyota to replace your tires? You must have a better case mgr. than me, they won't budge at all, even after i tell them they are loosing a customer. They insist i go back to the selling/servicing dealer a 3rd time. They didn't fix the issue the 1st two times, now it maybe out of pocket expense for me to get the issue fixed. I am going to try Firestone & see if they will check the tires.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:11 AM   #10
dalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dalsmthme's Tacoma Gallery
The case manager is worthless. They have been no help. I have been working with the dealer even though they are clearly unable to do there job. Long story short. I had the wheel vibe. Took it in, they told me nothing was wrong. Took it to Goodyear for tire warrentee, they told me the wheels were bent. Took it back to Toyota, they had it 4 days and diagnosed it as drivline and performed the spring TSB because they said it had axel wrap. That caused a nasty driveline vibe that they thought was a drive shaft. They put a new drive shaft in and that didn't fix it. They put the old springs back in which put me back to square one and Toyota refused to work on it further. I then took it to an independent place that has a roadforce balancer and spent my own $70. They had to rotate a couple tires to even get them to balance. That helped a lot but there was still a shake there. Took it back to Toyota and had to argue them to death before they finally agreed to put tires of my choice on the truck. This was after Toyota told the dealer not to work on the truck any more. A ride with the service manager changed his mind.

Bottom line, you have to battle this your self. Case managers don't work for you, they work for Toyota. You need to plead your case with the dealer and push that a vibration isn't normal like to tell you it is. I was told point blank by the service manager that Toyota doesn't care is the customer is happy, it is about money and who is going to pay. The dealer won't do anything that Toyota tells them they won't pay for. Toyota wants to be convinced with data and customer satisfaction is not a data point.

Go in there, stay calm. Ask the service manager to go for a ride. As long as the truck vibrates, he should fix it. Have them pull a set of wheels off of a truck on the lot and take it for a drive. Make sure you ask to drive it to. That way they can't tell you they tried it when they didn't. If he arguse with you, ask him if he would make payments on a truck that vibrated. I bet you his attitude will change. The dealer also sells tires, so they can warentee tires from the manufacturer.