Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

De-badge

Old 01-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #21
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I debadged mine after having it about 8 months. I love it! I used a hair drying and fishing line. I wish i used gloves, my fingers hurt for about 2 days afterwards. Getting the emblems off the tailgate is a breeze since they dont use much adhesive on them. The Tacoma emblems on the side are a different storry, they use ALOT of adhesive for those so it took a while and then youhave to heat up the leftover adhesive (which there is ALOT of) and pick it off a little at a time. after that i used goof off to clean the remaining stickiness on the tail and sides. if your truck is new thats probably all you will need to do. if your paint is a year old or more you may have to buff to even things out a little bit, but that depends on your color and can change from truck to truck. I took everything off except the TRD decals ( i love them too much to get rid of them) but my truck looks alot cleaner and less "busy". i highly recomend it
Old 03-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #22
Paulieboy76 is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
Paulieboy76's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for the help. Just debadged tonight.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #23
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
fishin line on a summer day when it was sittin in the sun is all i needed. after they wer eoff i used bug and tar remover to get any left over adhesives off then washed and waxed the area .
Old 07-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #24
08TacomaSkier is on a distinguished road
Army:
08TacomaSkier's Tacoma Gallery
Time Frame

I have a 2008 Tacoma TRD Sport. I would like to de-badge it but am not sure if it is too late since it is three years old. Worried about color changes, scratching etc.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #25
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
how many of ya still have you bages and wouldnt mine selling them pm me with some pics..... I need some and cant pay the dealers price for them so I thought maybe we can work something out.....
Old 08-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #26
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering if any of you had a first gen. If so how did you get the sr5 off near the rear window? It looks like it would be a pain in the a.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #27
Leer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura about
Name: Lee
Leer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
how many of ya still have you bages and wouldnt mine selling them pm me with some pics..... I need some and cant pay the dealers price for them so I thought maybe we can work something out.....
I'm going to de-badge soon, you can have mines. I can't promise a date yet as I work 2 jobs and am lazy as hell right now, but when I do, they are yours!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:28 AM   #28
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leer View Post
I'm going to de-badge soon, you can have mines. I can't promise a date yet as I work 2 jobs and am lazy as hell right now, but when I do, they are yours!
sweet I'll take them just pm me and let me know How $$$$ ya need to ship and for them.... thanks
Old 08-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #29
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I debadged also. Although I think the emblem looks decent on the truck, I just prefer the no-badge appearance.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:02 AM   #30
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
I debadged the whole truck. Planned to paint some of them black, but never did. I thought the tailgate was cluttered looking with the 4 badges, but I did not mind the sides badges even though I took them off as well. I just liked the clean look. You can always put them back on...