1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Longtime viewer hopefully finally pulling the trigger!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RussBow6, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Aug 13, 2009 at 9:43 AM
    RussBow6

RussBow6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Black 4x4 TRD OR
    TRD Exhaust, TRD Intake, Grillcraft upper, WO seats
    whats up guys and gals...!?
    i'll do my official intro in the new members section if/when i finally have a taco to show... this will have to do for now...

Name's Russ and i've been poking around on here for awhile (just check out my join date ha) and i think i'm finally gonna buy a taco. i've been driving a 94 land cruiser since 2003 and with the cash for clunkers i'll get $4500 for a car thats worth maybe $500 ha. LC has 195k on her, no a/c or radio... so ya i need a car.

talked to my taco rep this morning that i've been bugging since last fall and he's got his sights on a 2009 Tacoma, 4x4, Double cab, TRD-Off Road, manual, towing package, no jbl or bluetooth. says its listed for $30k and change.
    -$4500 for my landcruiser (yes i know... i guess somehow it qualifies. LC gets 12 mpg combined and taco is 16 but the guy promised it qualifies),
    -$1,000 for recent college graduate,
    -$500 for military.

so i'm looking at $24k not including tax and registration and all that bs. i'm all about it and realllll excited. should i try asking for a discount since i'm paying cash? or getting a USAA price? the dealer isnt USAA affiliated though... guess it cant hurt right?

i'm going to try and negotiate for some accessories before i give the go ahead to buy the taco though. supercharger, exhaust, intake, sidesteps, all weather mats... blah blah blah. big guy is the sc though. while poking around on here i've seen that you should get an automatic tranny to pair with the sc but i've also seen the manual w it too. does it matter? can i get away with the manual?? is the intake on the sc overkill? am i straining my engine or tranny?

any other advice or questions i should ask? i'm headed into the Navy in January so i was thinking about asking for an extended warranty so i wouldn't have to worry about it on deployments and what not...

i'm going in and talking to the sales guy AM tomorrow so any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
    thanks a ton and hopefully i'll be joining your esteemed ranks reallllll soon!

2. Aug 13, 2009 at 9:47 AM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Welcome to TW, Russ! Thank you for your service!

3. Aug 13, 2009 at 9:48 AM
    Canadianboy

Canadianboy Taco love in East Van

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport S/B 4x4 Auto in Mag Grey
    Icon Stage 3, Goodyear Duratracs and KMC Addicts!
    Man ask for at least another $2000 off. Without the rebates, that you are entitled too, you are still at full msrp. Ask for more off

4. Aug 13, 2009 at 10:06 AM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    Hey, welcome to TW. I don't believe the TRD 4x4 manual qualifies. I think only the automatics do. btw, V6 don't come in 5spd manuals.

5. Aug 13, 2009 at 10:28 AM
    Simon2150

Simon2150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 SR5
    Welcome to TW and good luck with your purchase!

6. Aug 13, 2009 at 10:42 AM
    RussBow6

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Black 4x4 TRD OR

yeah i hear ya. i didnt think they did either but he said it would over the phone. thats why im gonna go in tomorrow, make sure in person, and i guess somehow get it in writing so he cant come back and say yeah sorry i was wrong it doesnt qualify cough up the 4500.

6spd my bad.

7. Aug 13, 2009 at 10:47 AM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    Paying cash is a smart move, but it may not get you a discount. Dealers prefer to finance you, because they get kick backs from the lenders. Thanks for your service and enjoy your new Taco!

8. Aug 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM
    eddieEndo

eddieEndo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Fullerton, CA
    Vehicle:
    Scion FRS
    what color you shootin for? :)

9. Aug 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM
    RussBow6

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Black 4x4 TRD OR
    yes sir. somehow graduated there in may of 08. played baseball, majored in mechanical engineering... it was a grreeeeaat 4 years. bball starting getting good when i started there so it made for an awesome experience. why didnt you finish there? air force came calling?

oooo left out some important info... black obviously... thanks for pointing that out eddie haha. i absolutely love dark knight's rig. i think i've stared everyday at that pic he has of it on page 4 of his build and its been inspiring me to get a black taco. so thanks dark knight...

Products Discussed in

To Top