Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

who can I call about this crap?

Old 08-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
DrivingInstructor is on a distinguished road
DrivingInstructor's Tacoma Gallery
who can I call about this crap?

Out of all the 4 times I went in, everytime I had issues. I feel that the service department treated me unfair. I spoke to the service manager but I don't feel I got what I was after: fair treatment. Yeah he offered me a free oil change and change the in cabin filter (that just got changed 10 000kms) but I was out almost 100 bucks.

And I was seriously looking at buing a Prius. But now, it's looking like the VW golf diesel, honda or back to the versa.

Funny but I own a Versa that has not been reliable but the custumer service there is TOP!!! They go beyond what they need to!

Should I call Toyota? Is their a REP for Northern Ontario.....?

If I ran my business this way, I would want someone to tell me what is going on.............

OR AM I JUST A COMPLAINER???
Old 08-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
Omnipotent
Hootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Hootbro's Tacoma Gallery
Well, before I can sympathize or demonize you, what was the problem you took it in for?

Hootbro
Old 08-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootbro View Post
Well, before I can sympathize or demonize you, what was the problem you took it in for?

Hootbro
x2, what did they do or not do to piss you off.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
They refused to fix the whine in the drivers seat.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
Omnipotent
Hootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Hootbro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Old 08-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
Member Extraordinaire
SoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud ofSoCal Tom has much to be proud of

SoCal Tom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have they taken it for a test drive to see if they notice the noise?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #8
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LMAO!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #10
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
Okay seriously- from my ford i had to get for work, to the jeep wrangler I had in highschool, to the Bimmer after that, to the Mercedes after that, to the Toyota now- all had people in the service/parts department that were dicks. Just accept it. Look, I got verizon wireless- I KNOW without a doubt every time I go in there, I'm walking outta there pissed off cause of some a$$hole's attitude. lol. I just expect it. My local toyota dealership's service department had mad attitude about doing the rear suspension TSB, AND the tailgate TSB. It pissed me off. I got over it. I feel ya but you just gotta accept that salesmen alot of time are duesche bags, parts guys a lot of time are d!cks, and service guys a lot of times are jerks. EVERYWHERE, EVERY brand....
Old 08-15-2009, 12:26 AM   #11
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Eh I dunno I don't usually have a problem lol... They might not perform the work, but very very rarely are they ever dicks about it. Hell, I'm getting a new G1 because my speaker is dying and my local T-Mobile rep was extremely nice and helpful (also pretty hot). The Toyota dealership near here is looking into working with corp to get my cracking steering wheel replaced... I dunno. Maybe you're just being a dick to them?
Old 08-15-2009, 02:49 AM   #12
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingInstructor View Post
Out of all the 4 times I went in, everytime I had issues. I feel that the service department treated me unfair. I spoke to the service manager but I don't feel I got what I was after: fair treatment. Yeah he offered me a free oil change and change the in cabin filter (that just got changed 10 000kms) but I was out almost 100 bucks.

And I was seriously looking at buing a Prius. But now, it's looking like the VW golf diesel, honda or back to the versa.

Funny but I own a Versa that has not been reliable but the custumer service there is TOP!!! They go beyond what they need to!

Should I call Toyota? Is their a REP for Northern Ontario.....?

If I ran my business this way, I would want someone to tell me what is going on.............

OR AM I JUST A COMPLAINER???
I don't know what the problem is you are having or what the treatment was, but the person to contact after the Service Manager is usually the General Manager of the dealership. The service centers out here have red phones in the waiting area with big signs that say if you are not happy to pick up the phone and it connects you directly to the General Manager.
I chose to write a letter, I think it got more attention. After the General Manager is a Regional Manager, but I think they are harder to get in contact with. Or of course Toyota Customer Service 1800.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #13
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Eh I dunno I don't usually have a problem lol... They might not perform the work, but very very rarely are they ever dicks about it. Hell, I'm getting a new G1 because my speaker is dying and my local T-Mobile rep was extremely nice and helpful (also pretty hot). The Toyota dealership near here is looking into working with corp to get my cracking steering wheel replaced... I dunno. Maybe you're just being a dick to them?
No, I am not a dick to them. I am a nice guy. But i certainly don't kiss ass. I am the customer. Maybe you kiss their ass?

Look, It's really not that bad- I was more or less making the point to the guy here that there are people that are rude in any dealership not just a toyota one. I maybe overstated it, but just trying to make a point. I have had good experiences and bad experiences in most dealerships I have dealt with. More good than bad. Its no worries.

The local toyota dealership here in town however, just is a stingey about doing TSB's. I sent two other guys locally up there to get the TSB's done on their truck and the dealer acted like they hadn't heard anything about such a problem- untill each guy said " I heard there is something called a TSB about this issue".

If you are a good looking guy, make a comfortable living, and/or have a smoking hot girlfriend you are going to get hated on from time to time- no matter how nice you are.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #14
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
alright not sure what your problem is, but i think that the service department here are sneaky a$$holes haha. about a week or so ago my airbag light went on so i took it in they said that they needed to do some testes on it which would take a few hours, so i left the truck went to work, i had a weird feeling so i called to check on the truck and the rep was like ohh its nothing big the sprial cord in the steering wheel shorted, my guy is starting to replace it now. so i said ok how much is this going to cost me it was gonna be $628 so i fliped out and got my ass over there and i was pissed for them starting the work with out asking me so i asked for their district manager card so i could speak with him they wouldnt give me his card but i got his name so a left with my truck and the name and not even 5 min after i left the rep called me and said they would do it for free because they can take care of it with out the distric manages approval. haha