Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Interior/Exterior storage

Old 08-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
AVTOMAT is on a distinguished road
AVTOMAT's Tacoma Gallery
Interior/Exterior storage

My 09 has two compartments in the bed and one inside(jack and empty area) with 2 doors with turning knobs. Anyone know of locks availible for these?My dealer was lost when I asked them.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
costco sells a bed lock. someone posted it here. ill have to search for it
Old 08-16-2009, 05:21 AM   #3
KodiakVA is on a distinguished road
KodiakVA's Tacoma Gallery
Tuffy Security makes a bed cargo locking box that can fit into the area where those plastic storage boxes are. The fit is great and are about double the storage area of the factory ones. Not cheap though. I paid $185 shipped for mine. Very well made and I'm glad I got one.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:35 AM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
they also make a center console vault too.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...search=console
Old 08-16-2009, 06:48 AM   #6
Matt Stephen is on a distinguished road

Matt Stephen's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2638994/5
here you go... took me twenty minutes to find this... this is the page that made me buy a tacoma... this guy had so many DIY mods... locks is one of em. hope this helps. enjoy.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
AVTOMAT is on a distinguished road
AVTOMAT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Stephen View Post
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2638994/5
here you go... took me twenty minutes to find this... this is the page that made me buy a tacoma... this guy had so many DIY mods... locks is one of em. hope this helps. enjoy.
AWESOME.Thx for the info guys.I am gonna check it out....I will try to post a pic...and pic of my truck.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #9
jeepmor is on a distinguished road
jeepmor's Tacoma Gallery
A lock on a plastic box is nice, but only if you don't have a determined thief. A tuffy box will clearly have them looking for an easier target.

I have a tuffy console in my jeep and love it. I think $185 is a bit steep for the tacoma bed box, but it all depends on what you put in it. I like that it's much bigger and more water tight than the existing plastic toyota box with holes in the bottom of it. Right behind a fender well. Maybe not an issue for some folks, but mine always ends up wet and nasty on rainy days or chock full of dust from fireroad running. When I do get the tuffy replacement, I'll stock it with a fishing reel or two to round out my "stop anywhere and get a line wet" plan.

In short, I'll be looking at a Tuffy box for mine because what I want to keep in it cannot handle the environmental beating the stock box provides.

jeepmor
Old 11-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #10
Hawaiitaco is on a distinguished road

Hawaiitaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-write-up.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTOMAT View Post
My 09 has two compartments in the bed and one inside(jack and empty area) with 2 doors with turning knobs. Anyone know of locks availible for these?My dealer was lost when I asked them.