Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 Cup Holder

Old 08-16-2009, 06:12 AM   #1
East Ender
danb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
danb86's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Cup Holder

In theory, our 2010 Magnetic Gray 2.7 4x4 Access Cab was scheduled for build last week. Dealer offered that it would be ready for pick-up before end of Aug...

If so, I'll post pictures of the "new, improved" cup holder!

Bet you all can't wait!

PS, Michael Vick did HARD Time compared to Dante Stallworth who spent 30 days in county lockup for KILLING someone...and, oh yeah, paid an "undisclosed sum" to the family...
Old 08-16-2009, 06:26 AM   #2
Love the Tick!
Gingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to all

Name: G
Gingrbredman's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to see the new cupholder.

PS, way to throw in a Mike Vic comment. Suck people in with the excitement of a new cupholder and them beat them in the head with Vick.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:31 AM   #3
East Ender
danb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
danb86's Tacoma Gallery
Thought someone would like that...how exciting can a new, improved cup holder be, after all?

Honestly? I feel sorry for both those guys. I know our life is difficult enough already w/out any major f*ck ups making it worse. I'm sure they'd do it all differently if they could...
Old 08-16-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
It'll be interesting to see exactly how the 2010 cupholder has been redesigned.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:51 AM   #5
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
it would be nice if the cup holder just aft of the shifter would actually hold a 20oz bottle or large drink from anywhere.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #9
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
Check out post #9 in the Toyota Trucks and Suv section, new Tacoma thread. I have posted a few pics of the new cupholders there. All they did was add two rubber cupholders instead of the removable holder. Take them out and the hole looks like the 2009. Same console, just added some new rubber.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:46 AM   #10
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota should have listened to everyone and fixed the tailgate, make all suspension not needing a TSB, removed the carpet, fix the mudflaps, add more solid tie downs, etc.... but yet they only fixed the cupholder. Something many people really didn't have any trouble with.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueLeader View Post
Check out post #9 in the Toyota Trucks and Suv section, new Tacoma thread. I have posted a few pics of the new cupholders there. All they did was add two rubber cupholders instead of the removable holder. Take them out and the hole looks like the 2009. Same console, just added some new rubber.
Copy and pasted here.

I don't like it! Where's the big gulp going to fit.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #12
white+Peal has a spectacular aura aboutwhite+Peal has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
white+Peal's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to white+Peal
new cup holders??? I want to see em'
Old 08-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #13
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by white+Peal View Post
new cup holders??? I want to see em'
Look above your post :/
Old 08-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Kind of just looks like change for the sake of change. I like my "old" cupholder better.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita View Post
Toyota should have listened to everyone and fixed the tailgate, make all suspension not needing a TSB, removed the carpet, fix the mudflaps, add more solid tie downs, etc.... but yet they only fixed the cupholder. Something many people really didn't have any trouble with.
Also, +1

Maybe actually fix the things they should have to start with. Honestly how much more could it cost Toyota to put the 4pack in to start with... ect.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #17
payrow is on a distinguished road

Name: Pete
payrow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita View Post
What repair are you referring to on the tailgate??
Old 08-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #18
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
The stock tailgates are notoriously weak. Toyota has a TSB for an improved tailgate, but you only get it if you bend your existing one.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #19
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
The stock tailgates are notoriously weak. Toyota has a TSB for an improved tailgate, but you only get it if you bend your existing one.

It was my understanding the tailgates in the 2009s were already fixed...mine doesn't seem weak at all. I've stood in the center of it a bunch of times and hauled a 230lbs dirtbike a good distance with the rear tire in the middle of it without any problems...
Old 08-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #20
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZombie View Post
It was my understanding the tailgates in the 2009s were already fixed...mine doesn't seem weak at all. I've stood in the center of it a bunch of times and hauled a 230lbs dirtbike a good distance with the rear tire in the middle of it without any problems...
Do the jump test. Stand on your tailgate facing away from the bed. Place one heel on the center edge of the tailgate. Jump up and down and see if it bends. I did this and it bent very easily. I do weigh 220lbs though.