1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sold my Truck Yesterday

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FL4x4Taco, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Aug 19, 2009 at 4:30 AM
    FL4x4Taco

FL4x4Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I guess I need to cancel my membership here on the board. how do i do that?

2. Aug 19, 2009 at 5:26 AM
    aces2

aces2 Senior Arshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Flowmaster 40, K&N CAI, RED brake light bulbs, BHLM, Rear dif breather line, Factory Skidplate painted BLACK, DRL's, YELLOW bulbs in Fogs Turn Signals and Marker lights, Custom "Toy Machine" center emblem, Sockmonkey "Nor-Cal" decals all BLACK, Redline tailgate damper and hood sruts, Painted steering wheel emblem BLACK, 12V always on, Foglight mod, 16" Pro-Comp 7089 rims BLACK powdercoated acorn lugnuts, BFG KM2's 285-75-16, Painted exhaust pipe BLACK, BLACK emblems all the way around, Rear BLACK bumper from base model, Radical RED "sport" grille-surround, Factory Toyota Bed extender, RED maglight mounted on each seat's side, TRD ball-type shift knob, Custom mounted Scangauge II under stereo, Aftermarket HU, Hardwired Garmin GPS 260W, TSB w/AAL and 2.5" 5100's, Weathertech floor liners, Removed front mud flaps, 95-04 "4WD" rear mudflaps, 3rd Brake light "TACO", BLACK front lip
    You don't need to do that! You are right in everything you say, but that doesn't mean you can't associate yourself with us gas guzzler assholes with trucks and features we'll never utilize.

Hey, I want to do exactly what you've done. I'm excited on all the moves you've made and am very jealous. I'm on the "Dave" plan as well. My wife loves the truck too much to let me sell it. She honestly hates it when I bring it up. I guess it's not too bad paying off $50,500 in cars in 18 months though and getting to keep the taco.

I might send her a link to this thread to show her that it is doable (I'm in Japan for work at the moment).

How much did you sell the taco for? Mind sharing specifics on what you paid, how much you sold it for, how, who to? PM me again if you want or put it here for the world to see.

3. Aug 19, 2009 at 2:00 PM
    FL4x4Taco

FL4x4Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Drove in with my truck, title and all keys. Dealership cut me a $8,300 check. Drove out with a mint, rare perfect low mileage 2007 Accord 4 door, loaded to hill 4cyl/5spd. When it's all said and done I'll have dumped about $800 in the car to bring it up to my standards; I'm very type A about my vehicles. New battery, air filter, oil change with M1/napa gold, magnetic drian plug, 4 new Good year Fuel max tires, Road force balacing, alignment, manual trans fluid change, clutch & brake pedal pads and flushed brake fluid. I also did one heck of a good interior/exterior/engine bay detail job. now, the car is like new and up to snuff. In the long run it will save me big money, not to mention it's paid the F off. I owed 10k to a family member at 0% which I take serious. And I can drive drive drive b/c it's very efficient and runs 87 cheap gas. And overall this car is very low maintenace. Nothing freakin to it. 5-10k Oil changes (4.4qts lol!), 100k Plugs & coolant, 40k Manual trans fluid, 30k brake/clutch fluid. that's it. Air filter and cabin filter as needed. It's a joke in the maintenance dept compare to 4x4 trucks. Thing doesn't even have any grease fitting. Discs F&R... really really simple car. OH, no timing belt either on the 4cyl!!! It's got a chain which never has to be changed. and if you follow the book the Manual trans lube is like 60k, but I feel better doing 40k on manual gear boxes. Tires were half the price of the Tacoma. Alignment, Road force balancing, 4 tires out the door for like $520. I remember a set of stock tires for my F250 cost me almost $1,000!

I could care less who drives what. By far a enviro nazi. I worry about my finances. You wanna drive a F650 triple cab on 3' of lift with tractor tires to take your skinny kids to skool... go for it. just don't ask for hand out. I'm all for letting everyone do whatever they want.

4. Aug 25, 2009 at 7:46 PM
    blkcoma32

blkcoma32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    98' 4x4 on tirty trees
    3 inch coilover and add-a leaf lift
    Hey my wife drives a carolla and i like it too!

If it wasnt for the Carolla and Camry there wouldnt be a Toyota!

Products Discussed in

To Top