Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Truck Pulling To The Right After Alignment

Old 08-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
09tacomg is on a distinguished road

09tacomg's Tacoma Gallery
Truck Pulling To The Right After Alignment

So I took my truck in to have it aligned at the dealer because it was pulling to the right after having 265 70 17 toyo mt installed. You wouldn’t think that the alignment would be off because of bigger tires but what do I know. So they aligned it and it is still pulling to right. Then I decided to have the front tires cross rotated to see if one of the tires were bad. Still does it. I mostly feel the pull on the highway. The truck will make lane changes by its self. What do you guys think. Maybe they are setting the truck to factory specs and not to the larger tires.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
homeslice is on a distinguished road
homeslice's Tacoma Gallery
maybe they didn't balance the tire correctly.

btw, hi, newb here.

i got a 09 prerunner... off the lot it was pulling left some. the dealership said they balanced.... so i got it aligned, still pulling... had them check the balance on the tires... offf.... had it balanced... no problems now.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09tacomg View Post
So I took my truck in to have it aligned at the dealer because it was pulling to the right after having 265 70 17 toyo mt installed. You wouldn’t think that the alignment would be off because of bigger tires but what do I know. So they aligned it and it is still pulling to right. Then I decided to have the front tires cross rotated to see if one of the tires were bad. Still does it. I mostly feel the pull on the highway. The truck will make lane changes by its self. What do you guys think. Maybe they are setting the truck to factory specs and not to the larger tires.
Did you get this sorted?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #4
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
mine might be like this too
Old 08-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
try a frame and alignment shop, someone who specializes alignments.....maybe that will help.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #6
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like they did a bad alignment job.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #7
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
i heard somewhere that toyota purposly pulls right because of freeway driving the opposite traffic is always on the left therefore if you fall asleep or arent paying attention instead of merging left the truck will vear right as a safety issue....then again this is just what i heard
Old 08-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #8
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
i heard somewhere that toyota purposly pulls right because of freeway driving the opposite traffic is always on the left therefore if you fall asleep or arent paying attention instead of merging left the truck will vear right as a safety issue....then again this is just what i heard
I think it is more due to road crown. Anyway, thank god the crown makes you go right, I hate falling asleep at the wheel.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:21 PM   #9
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
tire pressure?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #10
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
huh
Old 08-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #11
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
is the tire pressure equal in both front tires and at the correct PSI
Old 08-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #12
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
You know after i put my coilovers on i had to take my truck in three times to get it right. Every time it pulled to the right. I reviewed the numbers sheet after each alignment and they changed the right side each time. Maybe the tech that did your alignment was under training...