1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rear slider latch busted!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nasty ned, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Aug 18, 2009 at 6:56 AM
    nasty ned

nasty ned [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    mass
    Vehicle:
    05v6trd access
    nerf bars ventvisor kit nose & windows
    hi everybody! was driving down the road yesterday minding my own business when my 6 yr.old daughter says to me,(Here Daddy) now usually that means a bugger filled tissue or half eaten piece of fruit that had probably spent some tie on the floor mat.Nope ,she handed me this piece of plastic.I asked her what happened and she points to the rear slider and with a :confused: face and said i was closing the window and it just came off. Well after looking at it i believe it.It's just a dab of glue that held it on but she's slid that that window a lot with no problems.I wonder if the outside temp.go to it ? it was pushing 95.0f yesterday which is abnormal around here. Any ideas on best way to solve this problem on a more secure and permanent basis?

2. Aug 18, 2009 at 7:40 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Do you have any pics, I am just curious how it is attached to the window.

3. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:25 AM
    nasty ned

nasty ned [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    mass
    Vehicle:
    05v6trd access
    nerf bars ventvisor kit nose & windows
    sorry dan, my ol' lady's got the camera.the piece that came off was attached to the middle (sliding ) window it (was) glued to a stationary piece of plastic that slips over the sliding glass window. i don't know for sure but would assume that it's glued too as ther are no rivets . It is supposed to slide over and snap on to the catch (it is thumb press operated and really cheap) i just never paid any mind to it b4 it would be really easy to bust in.:eek:

4. Aug 18, 2009 at 9:05 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    I'd probably just throw some gurilla glue on it and call it a day. Yea, all sliders are easy to break into, only real solution is to put a wooden dowel or something in the runner. Even then.... it's not like there isn't 8 separate glass windows to break to get in... Still, suprizes me it fell off, good heads up. I use mine all the time, and it's an AZ truck so, it sees a lot of high temp (also doesn't sit in a garage). Also, I"ve been in portland the last few months so I've had some of your weather too :D

Products Discussed in

To Top