Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Taco Availability

Old 08-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
Devil's Advocate
Viking88 is just really niceViking88 is just really niceViking88 is just really niceViking88 is just really niceViking88 is just really nice

Viking88's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Availability

A buddy of mine is a Toyota salesman in NC. He's told me a few times already that the inventory for Taco's is zero. Toyota put a hold on making them on a temporary basis. Has anyone else heard this?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
motopilot is on a distinguished road

motopilot's Tacoma Gallery
Been trying to get a gray 4dr trd sport. Have not heard from any dealers locally in FL from my edmunds request. One (daytona toyota) said they could not get any tacomas. Yet when I go to the site there is what I want right there ready and its not at any dealer. Am I missing something? Guess if it does not work out I will wait until next year as i am not going to pay more for an improved cup holder.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
otter is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
otter's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer here has at least a few on the lot, but I don't know if they're used or not.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
DorsoDoug will become famous soon enough
Name: Doug
DorsoDoug's Tacoma Gallery
Drove through the lot of a major local (Pittsbugh) dealership yesterday and there were no new trucks. In fact, the inventory in general was quite sparse. World economy? Inventory = $$$
Old 08-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #7
AFTaco will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 2W0
AFTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsoDoug View Post
Drove through the lot of a major local (Pittsbugh) dealership yesterday and there were no new trucks. In fact, the inventory in general was quite sparse. World economy? Inventory = $$$
Well mine should be getting the finishing touches at the factory. Its an 09 TRD offroad DC. My dealer in ATL did say that it was one of the last being made though. Iv'e been waiting for 2 months now. Hopefully my dad picks it up next week.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #8
JACKEL142 is on a distinguished road

JACKEL142's Tacoma Gallery
bought mine a month ago. They had to dx it from Chicago.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #9
Fmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud of

Name: David
Fmsvandal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motopilot View Post
Been trying to get a gray 4dr trd sport. Have not heard from any dealers locally in FL from my edmunds request. One (daytona toyota) said they could not get any tacomas. Yet when I go to the site there is what I want right there ready and its not at any dealer. Am I missing something? Guess if it does not work out I will wait until next year as i am not going to pay more for an improved cup holder.

Daytona Toyota will get you whatever you want. They got mine from somewhere in alabama...
Old 08-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #10
SCCAKen is on a distinguished road
Name: Ken
SCCAKen's Tacoma Gallery
No tacomas

World Toyota north of Atlanta has one: 2wd, auto, (tow pkg. I think) TRD off road Access cab in MGM. They just can't get 'em from Toyota.

Ken
Old 08-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
motopilot is on a distinguished road

motopilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmsvandal View Post
Daytona Toyota will get you whatever you want. They got mine from somewhere in alabama...
They do not seem to be too interested in me. Guess when you do not have a clunker they do not want to talk to you. From the Daytona Toyota internet girl.

Hi ,

Right now, I have no 2009 Toyota Tacoma. Based on the information that I received from you. You are looking for a 2009 Toyota Tacoma D-cab in Magnet Gray with the Sport Package. Unfortunately, in Florida they're no Magnet Gray available. It would be very hard for me to even get a 2009 Toyota Tacoma. Just so you know the 2010 Toyota Tacoma has been released. 2010 Toyota Tacoma should hit the dealerships within 2-3 weeks tops.

Monica Lewis
Old 08-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #12
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting. My dealership has one red, 4wd, dc, lb in stock and two available, meaning they can (maybe) get them from somewhere else.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #13
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I was at my local Toyota dealership yesterday. About three new Tacoma's were coming off a tractor/trailer while I was there. They all were 2009's and not 2010's. The only 2010's on the lot were Camry's, Corolla's, and a couple Tundra's. The 2010 Tacoma's were supposed to hit the lot this month but they are still bringing in 2009's.
Confusing to me.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #14
Munkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Munkey's Tacoma Gallery
All new cars dealers in my area are very low on inventory. It's kinda funny to look at all the creative ways they are parking the cars on the lot to make it look like it's not so empty.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #15
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
The dealership nearest me has nothing....not even a used one.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #16
No better friend,No worse enemy...
InfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant future
Marines: iKill
Name: G
InfidelTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane Taco View Post
The dealership nearest me has nothing....not even a used one.

My local has an almost bare empty lot. a few used but no Taco's or Tundra's.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #17
4cyltacoma will become famous soon enough4cyltacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Reagan
4cyltacoma's Tacoma Gallery
dang that sucks...
Old 08-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #18
crawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to all
crawlergirl's Tacoma Gallery
Same in West TX

Thanks a lot, Cash for Clunkers. Inventory is wiped out so dealers around here have jacked their prices. Even if I were to find the new black double cab I'm looking for within 250 miles of here, I'd have to pay full MSRP for it. I'm all about the free market setting the price, but this isn't the free market at work. It's artificial - engineered by the gubmint. These programs always have unintended consequences.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #19
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Just came back from my dealer. A week ago, they only had 3 base models. This week, they have 3 DC's and 1 AC....plus 6 more lined up separately with "sold" tags on them.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:25 AM   #20
AFTaco will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 2W0
AFTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlergirl View Post
Thanks a lot, Cash for Clunkers. Inventory is wiped out so dealers around here have jacked their prices. Even if I were to find the new black double cab I'm looking for within 250 miles of here, I'd have to pay full MSRP for it. I'm all about the free market setting the price, but this isn't the free market at work. It's artificial - engineered by the gubmint. These programs always have unintended consequences.
NO! Thanks a lot Obama for spending our hard earned tax dollars on older vehicles to destroy to help save the planet. Yea right! I have already heard some scams about how some of the clunkers are ending up in Mexico. So let me get this straight, we spent billions of dollars on old beaters so that we can give them to Mexico? This program is nothing but a big conspiracy to help the auto manufactures get back on there feet. So Ford, Dodge, and GM (severals times) have been bailed out of bankrupcy useing tax payers money and then Obama spends more on cash for clunkers?? WTF is going on? Where is all this money coming from?? I'm pretty positive that our taxes will be increasing when we get the next president. I just want to thank all the poor homeless people that crawled out from their rocks to vote for this guy! Palin 2013!