Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

remote start/alarm system

Old 08-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
remote start/alarm system

I am wondering what people are using for remote start and alarm system combos. I am planning on getting one and am interested to hear what others have to say about what they are using. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
i would go with viper or prestiege back in the day i use to have a car audio and alarm bussiness and this is what i sold the most and had the best reviews i have personally used prestiege my self for about 3 years and absolutely no problems it was great. Viper is great quality also....
Old 08-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
Work in Progress
Baja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to behold
Baja Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have this one installed: http://www.viper.com/P-3302V/Viper+R...ecurity+System

It works great, and I added the starter module, and in a few day I will add the window modules also, so the windows close with the remote.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Do some searching on here. I believe they are very expensive to install. Something about the chip that is in the key and bypassing that system for the remote start.

I say this because your other posts asked for relatively cheap mods and I think remote start / alarm system will around $1K+.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
Work in Progress
Baja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to beholdBaja Taco is a splendid one to behold
Baja Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Well, mine wasn't that expensive, to bypass the chip, there is a "module" where you put your valet key and hide it somewhere on the truck to be able to remote start it, this in no way bypass the factory security feature of the chip, because if you don't put the key on the ignition (of course, another of the chip keys) the truck will shut down as soon as you depress the brake pedal. I paid around 500 dlls for the system with the starting and bypass module already installed, of course, this was done by a certified Viper technician here on Tijuana.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
Love the Tick!
Gingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to all

Name: G
Gingrbredman's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Prestige installed by a local guy for about $400. Just the remote start option. About 1500 ft range and 2 way remote.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
Love the Tick!
Gingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to all

Name: G
Gingrbredman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOH View Post
^^^^when you say a local guy does that mean a friend or someone off the forum or someone local from prestige
My "guy" is a local alarm/stereo shop. Just a single store front. The old dude has been there forever and just concentrates on alarms/remote starts/ and stereo installs. Dude knows his shit, takes hist time, and is real picky with the details. Takes him a long time to do the install because he spends so much time zip tying everything and making it look like he was never there.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Compustar

Just had a compustar starter installed about a month ago buy the dealer. They did not use the valet key trick, they hard wired the system into the truck. it was a additional 100 buck to bypass the chip system for the starter to work properly. but it has been working wonderfully. I got the one way system with a 1500 foot range. I was looking at the two way system that tells you if the truck started, but wanted the longer range. plus i figured, if it tells you the truck didnt start, what could you do anyway??
But so far it has worked perfectly with the trucks systems. and i have been impressed by some of the locations i got it to start.
cost about 375
Old 08-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #11
edc has a spectacular aura aboutedc has a spectacular aura about

edc's Tacoma Gallery
Got the viper 5901 remote start with window sensors and blue led light behind my rear view mirror for $1t .installed by a viper dealer
Old 08-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #12
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was looking at the two way system that tells you if the truck started, but wanted the longer range. plus i figured, if it tells you the truck didnt start, what could you do anyway??
I would not purchase a remote start without a two way remote. It lets you know if the vehicle started. It also lets you know if the vehicle shuts off.

With a one way setup you either have to physically see that the vehicle has started or assume that when you pushed the button it started. Not ideal. I sold my dad on a remote start for his truck since I had such high praise for my Python system on my Tahoe. I had the two way remote. The system he bought came only with a one way remote and he regrets it.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a 3.3x. I put it in over the weekend. Fairly easy to install and its nice because its a paging module. If you want remote start you have to get an immobilizer bypass just FYI
Old 08-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #15
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the viper 791. bought it off ebay for $250 which also includes the ignition bypass module you need, and then had my friend install it.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #16
stang88 is on a distinguished road
stang88's Tacoma Gallery
i have the autopage rs727.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #17
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
I've got the viper 791. bought it off ebay for $250 which also includes the ignition bypass module you need, and then had my friend install it.
this is a remote start and alarm?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #18
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
yea i get a viper or a prestiege 2 way alarm system with pager the whole deal for less than $200 ... i get this deal because i use to have a bussiness back in the days and i still get what my cost use to be any how ...... we always put the valet key in the dash hidden somewhere and did not worry about the module unless the customer wanted it. ... In both my cars i have put the key in the dash and now i am getting a quote of $300 with installation .... for viper or prestiege these are the 2 best ones....
Old 09-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #19
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
with my compustar starter installed, they did not use the valet key.
this means i have the use of the starter, but unless the person trying to take the truck has the chipped key, it wont run with out it.