Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Who does your oil changes?

View Poll Results: Best place to get your oil changed at ?
The dealership 593 21.36%
Jiff Lube type place 189 6.81%
Your self 1,994 71.83%
Voters: 2776. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #21
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
I change my own oil for 2 reasons: Cause its cheaper and I'll take care of it cause no one will treat it like their truck.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #23
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
oil is easy. i do it myself. Gives me the chance to not spill shit everywhere and clean up things a bit.. these tacomas are SO easy to change the oil in, i always just need two paper towels and thats IT. Last time i did my oil i did it in a white shirt.. not a drop anywhere. really great design.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #24
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Me Myself & I....The Taco & my wifes Sienna. Matter a fact I'am about to change it in about an hour or so just waiteing for it to cool down abit.
Royal Purple 5w-30 & Royal Purple Filter. First oil change on my taco with 23500 miles
Old 08-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #25
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
i do it myself.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #26
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTrd View Post
i do it myself.
Me too
Old 08-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #27
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I get my first few oil changes for free at the dealership. Plus my friend across the road is the mechanic at Toyota. Great guy who I trust totally.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #28
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Myself. Its to easy to do and why pay someone else to do it! Come on, its your Tacoma bro!!
Old 08-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #29
Ric'sTaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Rick
Ric'sTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely do it myself. You can never trust a stealership and a lube place once gave me the wrong stuff in my Lincoln. Besides I love the bonding i get with my Taco!
Old 08-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #30
seligman will become famous soon enoughseligman will become famous soon enough
seligman's Tacoma Gallery
Little bit off-topic, but Pennzoil has some nice rebates on oil:
http://www.pennzoil.com/documents/04...ine%20form.pdf

$15 off 5 quarts of synthetic
$10 off 5 quarts of truck/minivan, or high-mileage
$5 off 5 quarts of regular
Old 08-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #31
DellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dell
DellGSG5's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer for now I got 3 coupon for free change oil, when I attend there Toyota new car owner event.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #32
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
I had the dealership do it while it was still under warranty, but since that's over I do it myself. Easiest vehicle I've ever changed oil in. White t shirt and no jack. Doesn't get any easier.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #33
blkcoma32 will become famous soon enough

blkcoma32's Tacoma Gallery
Don't trust anyone but myself w/ my vehicle! Those guys are dipshits and they don't give 2 shits about our babies
Old 08-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #34
His and Hers
TacomaDoug has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaDoug has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaDoug has a spectacular aura about

TacomaDoug's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a DIYer all the way.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #35
heylookatthatblackXRunner will become famous soon enoughheylookatthatblackXRunner will become famous soon enough

Name: Philip
heylookatthatblackXRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Do em myself cuz I like using Royal Purple & K&N oil filters...

Soon swithcing to Amsoil though...

I don't think they offer any of those products at dealerships or lube places...

Pluss the bonding time with my truck is priceless
Old 08-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #36
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
i change my oil myself, find it to be a bit cheaper, & i know that its done right!
Old 08-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #37
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
i change my own, no sense paying someone else to do an easy job
Old 08-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #39
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
this is the easiest vehicle in history to change the oil. Why pay someone???
x1000

Products Discussed in this Thread