LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Want to Install Courtesy Foot Well Lights

Old 08-21-2009, 05:13 AM   #1
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Want to Install Courtesy Foot Well Lights

My base Tacoma does not have foot well lamps. Does anyone know if there is a preexisting connector or the wiring I need to tap into? I would like the lamp to go on when the door is opened.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Veccster:
Thank you for the reply. I read the threads you provided and one that was referenced in that thread and did not see what wires were used to make the LED's operate when the door is opened. It seemed that the referenced thread used a switch and the orher thread use a circuit that provides lights for the radio.

I need to find a wiring diagram for the 09 bur have not been too sucessful. A set of tech manuals is $435 which is way to much IMHO. I thought that GM's manuals at $225 were expensive.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
You're right...I haven't seen it done to come on with the doors open. You need to find the dome light wire.

I'm sure it's accessible in several places but only a wiring diagram would say for sure. Chris4x4 has sent them to me before (for the wires operating my windows). Not sure where he gets them.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
You're right...I haven't seen it done to come on with the doors open. You need to find the dome light wire.

I'm sure it's accessible in several places but only a wiring diagram would say for sure. Chris4x4 has sent them to me before (for the wires operating my windows). Not sure where he gets them.
Once I finish this I will do a write up. However this may take a few weeks. I have other family priorities at the present time.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #6
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
i didn't include how to get the footwell lights on when the door is opened in my thread but it can be done by tapping into the dome light. just make sure you get LEDs that can be dimmed or you will be sol.

EDIT: i am a re-tard i did not read anything above this post nvm
Old 09-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #8
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
If you want them to come on with the door then why don't you just tap in to the dome light wires?

EDIT: sorry i didn't read the above posts either.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #9
Canadian member
tacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the rough

tacomian devil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Once I finish this I will do a write up. However this may take a few weeks. I have other family priorities at the present time.
Has this project been completed by anyone? I want to connect some LED floor courtesy lights under the front dash and maybe under the driver and passenger seats also, but I can't find any DIY thread that has them hooked up with courtesy cabin lighting.

I would settle for floor courtesy lighting that was activated only when doors are open, but I would prefer a switch option that would also allow me to turn them on/off similar to the cabin light options.

Is this a DIY for a non-electrician?
Old 04-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #10
28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
28Gauge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomian devil View Post
Has this project been completed by anyone? I want to connect some LED floor courtesy lights under the front dash and maybe under the driver and passenger seats also, but I can't find any DIY thread that has them hooked up with courtesy cabin lighting.

I would settle for floor courtesy lighting that was activated only when doors are open, but I would prefer a switch option that would also allow me to turn them on/off similar to the cabin light options.

Is this a DIY for a non-electrician?
X2

I'm no electrician, either. I would love to see a write up soon!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #11
KevLot17 will become famous soon enoughKevLot17 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kevin
KevLot17's Tacoma Gallery
without searching for the how-to...i would assume you could just tap into the door pin switch by taking the kick plate and B pillar trim off, unboltid it from the pillar, and feeding te wire back into the cab... that would make the lights go on when the door is opened correct? far from an electrician also.. but just something that popped into my head..
Old 05-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #12
ryguy is a glorious beacon of lightryguy is a glorious beacon of lightryguy is a glorious beacon of lightryguy is a glorious beacon of lightryguy is a glorious beacon of lightryguy is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Riley
ryguy's Tacoma Gallery
I will try and find a wiring diagram for you for the dome light, and or do a write up myself becuase i have been wanting to do this and havent been able to find anything.