1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Want to Install Courtesy Foot Well Lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 95SLE, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Aug 21, 2009 at 5:13 AM
    95SLE

95SLE [OP] Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    My base Tacoma does not have foot well lamps. Does anyone know if there is a preexisting connector or the wiring I need to tap into? I would like the lamp to go on when the door is opened.

2. Aug 21, 2009 at 5:31 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
  3. Aug 21, 2009 at 6:23 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Veccster:
    Thank you for the reply. I read the threads you provided and one that was referenced in that thread and did not see what wires were used to make the LED's operate when the door is opened. It seemed that the referenced thread used a switch and the orher thread use a circuit that provides lights for the radio.

I need to find a wiring diagram for the 09 bur have not been too sucessful. A set of tech manuals is $435 which is way to much IMHO. I thought that GM's manuals at $225 were expensive.

4. Aug 21, 2009 at 7:03 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    You're right...I haven't seen it done to come on with the doors open. You need to find the dome light wire.

I'm sure it's accessible in several places but only a wiring diagram would say for sure. Chris4x4 has sent them to me before (for the wires operating my windows). Not sure where he gets them.

5. Aug 21, 2009 at 8:31 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Once I finish this I will do a write up. However this may take a few weeks. I have other family priorities at the present time.

6. Aug 21, 2009 at 9:12 AM
    RedruM29

RedruM29 Blinking Car Mod...

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Nor☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    Just enough, and never enough
    i didn't include how to get the footwell lights on when the door is opened in my thread but it can be done by tapping into the dome light. just make sure you get LEDs that can be dimmed or you will be sol.

EDIT: i am a re-tard i did not read anything above this post nvm

7. Sep 7, 2009 at 10:08 AM
    28Gauge

28Gauge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Grapevine, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Sockmonkey Graphics, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Dee Zee Bed Mat, Map Light/Dome Light LED's, Flo-Pro Muffler w/Stainless Steel Tip, Dome Light/Map Light Mod, Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, LED Cupholder Mod, Grillcraft with TOYOTA emblem, Vision 375 Warrior Wheels, Extra Bed D Ring Mod, TRD Skidplate, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners, Front 5100's set at zero with Eibach springs, Toytec 1.5" rear TSB add-a-leaf springs, Toytec swaybar relocate kit, Katzkin Leather Seating, Front Window Tint
    Any updates on this topic?

8. Sep 7, 2009 at 10:15 AM
    mreimann

mreimann Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    '15 double cab Limited
    Icon C/O, Fox 2.0, All Pro Expo 2.0 leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, Airflow snorkel, Custom Built Bed Rack, Pelfrey aluminum front bumper and IFS skid, All Pro aluminum rear bumper, SmittyBuilt winch. RTT
    If you want them to come on with the door then why don't you just tap in to the dome light wires?

EDIT: sorry i didn't read the above posts either.

9. Apr 2, 2011 at 5:46 AM
    28Gauge

28Gauge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Grapevine, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Sockmonkey Graphics, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Dee Zee Bed Mat, Map Light/Dome Light LED's, Flo-Pro Muffler w/Stainless Steel Tip, Dome Light/Map Light Mod, Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, LED Cupholder Mod, Grillcraft with TOYOTA emblem, Vision 375 Warrior Wheels, Extra Bed D Ring Mod, TRD Skidplate, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners, Front 5100's set at zero with Eibach springs, Toytec 1.5" rear TSB add-a-leaf springs, Toytec swaybar relocate kit, Katzkin Leather Seating, Front Window Tint
    X2

I'm no electrician, either. I would love to see a write up soon!

10. Apr 2, 2011 at 7:50 AM
    KevLot17

KevLot17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '10 Blacked Out TRD Sport
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    without searching for the how-to...i would assume you could just tap into the door pin switch by taking the kick plate and B pillar trim off, unboltid it from the pillar, and feeding te wire back into the cab... that would make the lights go on when the door is opened correct? far from an electrician also.. but just something that popped into my head..

11. May 23, 2011 at 3:29 PM
    ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    06 Silver Double Cab 4x4 TRD Sport
    I will try and find a wiring diagram for you for the dome light, and or do a write up myself becuase i have been wanting to do this and havent been able to find anything.

12. Aug 19, 2018 at 2:42 PM
    Chadgaston1990

Chadgaston1990 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma 4X4 Inferno
    None
    What point would I tie into and be able to control the courtesy lights with the done lights. I doubt anywhere the done light cable is.

Products Discussed in

To Top