Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Show truck vs. Offroad truck

Old 08-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Show truck vs. Offroad truck

Im kindof stuck on what i should do with my truck.

I want it to be a "show off" truck because its a one of a kind truck. But then I want to use it for offroading.

I might just get a cheap trail truck. and knock on that and keep my truck as a DD.

What do yall think?
Old 08-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Do both, just don't do anything too extreme.

If you do extreme stuff, obviously you want the trail rig.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
No better friend,No worse enemy...
InfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant future
Marines: iKill
Name: G
InfidelTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dirt is always good to see.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelTaco View Post

x2.

I love when my truck is muddy.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelTaco View Post
Dont worry my DD will see dirt either way just not MUD
Old 08-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #6

Mud is fun, cleaning it is not.

I actually get more compliments when there's mud all over the Taco.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Mud is fun, cleaning it is not.

I actually get more compliments when there's mud all over the Taco.
I just go to the self(me) car wash. i usually spend about $12 there and im good.

Ive gotten a few more compliments when its dirty than super clean.... weird
Old 08-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #9
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Mines only gotten really dirty once. People were amazed when I finally got it dirty. I always kept mine so clean. You can have both!
Old 08-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #10
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
Mines only gotten really dirty once. People were amazed when I finally got it dirty. I always kept mine so clean. You can have both!
you sure can have both!
Old 08-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #11
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Offroad. You can still keep it clean and have it look nice.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #12
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
People think I'm insane but I really enjoy cleaning my truck. It takes me a long time but I find it very relaxing
Old 08-22-2009, 01:28 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i vote for having a trail truck
Old 08-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #14
AngryTacoma
#Reistlehr- is on a distinguished road
#Reistlehr-'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to #Reistlehr- Send a message via MSN to #Reistlehr- Send a message via Yahoo to #Reistlehr-
i love showing off the dirt.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdopy3 View Post
Oh hush you!
Old 08-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdopy3 View Post
You know if you're gonna make the meet yet?
i highly doubt it
Old 08-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

in fact i can go on and say i wont be there

if i have that weekend off...i have to be in a wedding in georgia that weekend that the meet is being held
Old 08-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #18
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Do both, just don't do anything too extreme.

If you do extreme stuff, obviously you want the trail rig.
Totally agree.

Nothing to major, but still fun.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #19
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Mud is EVIL!!

It gets into bearings and ruins them!

My first tacoma we bought used. (96).. it was 3 years old and had 60k miles on it. We offroaded that sooooo much for 3 years.
Then - bought a trail rig. Then, sold the tacoma and bought a tow rig & trailer.
Then - after a total of about 8 years of wheelin, sold the tow rig & trailer and bought my current tacoma.
Then - sold the trail rig.

I bought this current tacoma NEW and I plan on keeping it that way. Been there done that with offroading.....don't need to take the truck out unles the urge strikes. But - I wanna keep this baby prestine!!