Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Clear White Head Lighting!!!

Old 01-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #21
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
hmmmm.... My fogs are just snapped in with plastic tabs... No adjusting that I could see.
This is a shot of mine from underneath. You can see the "gear" adjustment but also look at the black "n1pple", deep inside is a hex head or philips (I forget now) that will also turn the adjustment screw. Alas, though, only vertical adjustments are possible.

Mine is an 07, yours?
Attached Thumbnails
Clear White Head Lighting!!!-pict0044-large-.jpg  
Old 01-03-2008, 08:30 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
just my experiences speaking here, i don't like the sylvania silverstars at all...i've tried and re-tried them a number of time, and every time i buy them, one always burns out after about 2 months...and no, i don't get my finger oils on the bulbs or anything....but then again i technically got my money back every time too....i'd buy the silverstars and return the stock bulbs in the sylvania packaging lol....most people at the parts stores don't have a clue what they're looking at...i'm an ass, i know
Old 01-04-2008, 06:01 AM   #23
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
This is a shot of mine from underneath. You can see the "gear" adjustment but also look at the black "n1pple", deep inside is a hex head or philips (I forget now) that will also turn the adjustment screw. Alas, though, only vertical adjustments are possible.

Mine is an 07, yours?
ah. Ok, I see it now. Still, why mess with adjusting 4 lights, risk screwing up the alignment and cut off when we know the problem is the truck, not the lights. Just level the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
just my experiences speaking here, i don't like the sylvania silverstars at all...i've tried and re-tried them a number of time, and every time i buy them, one always burns out after about 2 months...and no, i don't get my finger oils on the bulbs or anything....but then again i technically got my money back every time too....i'd buy the silverstars and return the stock bulbs in the sylvania packaging lol....most people at the parts stores don't have a clue what they're looking at...i'm an ass, i know
I did that with a phone once... Walmart checks packages now... sometimes. lol I've had the silverstars in my car for at least 6 months now. No problems.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:31 AM   #24
08Tacoma is on a distinguished road
08Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
So guys, is there any other brand that u can recommend??
Old 01-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #25
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=piercedtiger;46946]ah. Ok, I see it now. Still, why mess with adjusting 4 lights, risk screwing up the alignment and cut off when we know the problem is the truck, not the lights. Just level the truck.
quote]

I, um, always re-adjust my headlights.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #26
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
brights AND boobs?? what the hell state are you in, and how do i get there